Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
swrving

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #8833
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I think the questions that needs answering are:

- those of you with the F-550 chassis models, what do you tow and how does it handle?

- those of you with the F-550 chassis models, what are your weights so that we can see real world how these things stack up against the capacity ratings for your axles, GVWR, and GCVWR....with normal camping loads, tanks full, etc... what are your front and rear axle weights without a trailer hitched?
Yes the real-world experience is what I'm looking for.

The 2018 Thor Super C's are rated at GVWR of 19,500lbs and GCWR of 35,000lbs and Hitch Rating of 10,000lbs, so in theory what I'm asking should be possible, but would like to hear what people have actually done.

Looking up the specs of the F450 itself (one could surmise that the F550 wouldn't be less):
- A maximum gooseneck tow rating of 32,500 lbs. for the Ford F-450 Super Duty SuperCrew 4x4, with maximum fifth-wheel towing increased to 27,500 lbs.
- Maximum gross combined weight rating for truck and trailer now tops out at 41,800 lbs.

So I don't thinkn the F550's powertrain will be a limitation, rather how does the Thor Chassis with trailer behave being the telling factor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum