Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 04:17 PM   #57
RVCampingNut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by laberj45 View Post
We just took ownership of a 2017 Miramar 34.3 that came with slide issues. The full wall slide would not retract/extend completely or evenly (did everything right with leveling, keeping button pressed, etc.). Called techs and could not find a solution. Now the 3 week RV is at the dealer.

By my research (and comments in multiple forums), it sounds like my slide has a roller adjustment issue....

We found, at the dealer last week, that our RV was sold to us with the 2 track system instead of the advertised 3Trax. Now I have a dealership fabricating the slide with the parts sent from Thor! Sounds great, huh? Eeeeks....

I now have to look into what differences there are in the two slides. Does anyone know of the motor differences? Sounds like the 3Trax system should have the 1/500. Is there a newer roller configuration in the 3Trax system? Surely for $1600 there must be more to the 3Trax than just three side rails and a couple motors that retail for $250 apiece for $1600.

Any info would be appreciated. Thinking that Thor should offer an additional warranty to us for the screw up.
It could be any number of things. I had to adjust two of my rollers to loosen them up a little. After taking the tour, I can see where certain things happen. The rollers are installed prior to the wall going in (of course) and they adjust them. Whether or not there is a tightening spec I am not sure. Just a guy with two wrenches tightening. I believe the 2 rack slide has a different motor although it's not much different. There are only 2 motors for each the three slides. It's located at the top and is easily replaced by lifting up on it and disconnecting the wires. I found them online for about $150/motor. I had Thor replace one of mine BUT I don't think the issue was the motor. After they replaced it, I had the same error code and found out it was in the wiring harness. Someone did not line up the pins correctly so they did not make good contact. The ground on one was barely touching. As weird as it sounds, it worked, slowly and ended up extending slower than the other end. After taking the connector apart and fixing the wiring, same motor I had replaced, everything ran really fast just like new and both slides extend and retract at the same speed and stop at the same time.

The 3Trax would bother me if it did not come with it but the reason for the not extending/retracting at the same time may very well be in the wiring which no one seems to check, they just replace the parts and hope for the best. When you get it back, if it does the same thing, check the connector in the coach from the motor to the coach side and make sure all the pins are flat and even.
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum