Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Fuel ????
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #29
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Huh? This makes eactly zero sense to me but am certainly open to hearing why.
I got a bit more of an explanation from the contact at a company called the Paint Department in Chino, CA. This is a full service business and has one of the largest RV painting facilities in the area. The tech I spoke to explained that the generators on our RVs are low compression in their engineering. High octane gasoline is blended for high compression engines that call for the high octane which generators do not. He also said that RV generators are made to run generally at 3600 RPMs. The high octane fuel causes the RV generator to actually run at lower RPMs which changes how it cycles and tells the little computer something different is going on and will end up shutting down the generator. I guess if you want to hear it from the author, you could call this business and ask to speak to "Chuck". As I said, I don't plan on putting anything other than regular grade fuel in mine anyway.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum