Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:26 AM   #75
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
This forum is a lifesaver

I'm so glad I regularly follow the postings on this forum. During our evacuation from Hurricane Irma with my DH, two dogs, and 92 year young Mom I was trapped insde the ACE with the dogs and my DH and Mom outside. We had just arrived (Sat) at our third relocation since our evacuation adventure began as Irma kept chasing us across the state. The MH was not locked, but the lock mechanism snapped and was frozen shut. My DH was in a panic and ran for the park handyman, who wanted to drill out the lock. I remembered reading this thread describing how to disassemble the lock. Said no to the drill out and calmey collected the spare tools kept inside and proceeded to take the lock screws out and pulled off the cover. The zinc had broken, picked out the pieces and used a needle nose to pull, pry, and release the stuck lock. Put it all back together again so we could use the deadbolt. The deadbolt gave up the ghost today--just two days later, so I cannot secure the door or drive the MH if I needed to get to a safer place. First thing on Monday I called over to Bauer and asked for help; they were absolutly terrific and I arranged with Bauer to get an upgrade replacement shipped next day. I should have it tomorrow. I will contact Thor and the appropriate national agency. If Irma had turned west instead of east I would not have been able to move to a safer location. Thanks to the forum, and this thread, I knew what to do to get the door open and sorta operational.

Any hints on making the install of the Bauer go smoothly?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum