Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
I went by the dealer before the 7 hour drive home. He started it up, let it run for a while, then put it under the load of both AC's, it handled them fine. Let it run for 20 minutes or so and then killed the AC to make sure it handled coming off the load fine.

No issues. He felt the fuel pump, saying if they were going bad, they typically heated up fairly quickly.

So, not a thorough tear down, but he felt that it was a fuel issue. It occurred right after filling up at a Vallero. He said that Dallas has had a shortage of gas from Harvey and they were getting gas from all over the place and have had issues.

He said the Onan's have tiny jets that can easily get clogged, when the V10 would have no problem. He put in some fuel injector cleaner. As I was anxious to get on the road, I didn't want to hang around longer, so said I would go to an Onan dealer if it acted up again.

I ran it from that point until I got home 7 hours later, and then ran it another few hours while I was showing my sister and brother in law (full timers) to keep the AC running. Never a blip. I also shut it down and restarted when getting gas.

So, at this point, I'm chalking it up to bad gas.

He suggested putting in C foam or Lucas cleaner/gas additive every few tanks of gas. Also encouraged me (as did the PDI tech) to run generator at minimum monthly and if I'm going to go more than a month between using it, add gas stabilizer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum