Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #11
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
We have a 100 watt "suitcase" unit we use while dry camping and which I keep connected to the motorhome while its in storage. I just sit it on our car dolly which faces south east. We get good morning sun, but by noon in the fall/winter the shadows basically kill production. Its plenty for keeping the batteries topped off though, especially in Colorado when it's sunny all the time and we are closer to the sun. I can locate it where it gets more sun, but then its not hidden behind the motorhome. We are in a secure lot but I'd rather not provide more temptation.

The controller is a cheapie that is integrated with the panels and probably doesn't do that great of job do much other than maintaining battery charge. For example it doesn't have any equalize functionality.

We recently added a Trimetric Battery Monitor so I can monitor how the solar paneling batteries are doing. I'm thinking of adding the SC-2030 solar controller and getting rid of the cheap controller that came with the panels. The SC-2030 controller integrates with the battery monitor and allows you to set float voltages and equalize behavior. Eventually I'll add permanent roof top solar panels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	7150  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum