Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #40
MoldyOldPeach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: California
THOR #8546
That is good news. My only remaining questions about buying this for an RV are twofold: (1) The GPS is probably not 'RV' friendly like the stand-alone Garmins are, correct? (2) I have had issues before at Crutchfield (Blaupunkt in that case) when they say in the ad that the unit is, "compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner." This DOES NOT MEAN that the unit is a satellite receiver, only that (for a fee, of course), an ADDITIONAL Sirius Tuner can be added and connected to it.

Some time ago, I upgraded my dash radio in a Mercedes Sprinter to get some of these extra features. When I found out how much more it would cost me to add the tuner, to get full satellite use, and that the GPS was not directly compatible with Sirius' live traffic GPS (which is AWESOME btw), I wound up just using the SiriusXM App on my smartphone, and using the Bluetooth connection to my radio (works in my Miramar on the Axxera too). This without all the wiring spaghetti across the dash, plus, the APP interrupts Sirius on telephone calls too. In this manner, all of my music library on the smart phone is also available in the coach.

Fun with electrons!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum