Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #17
TerryP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #6635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
After compiling a 25 item "Punch-List": I know that's it's called a punch-list because you want to punch the salesman in the mouth...
So we took our Outlaw back to Camping World (Kingston) today, so that they could tackle our list, winterize the rig, and add some "goodies" to it for us.
(A couple of vent covers, and a sewer hose caddy)

My question: How large does the punch-list have to be; before you start getting worried?
We had two major items: no hot water, and the refrigerator would never cool down...
Everything else was minor, but annoying...

Should a list of this size be the norm??
These coaches are complicated machines with lots of pumps, motors, and components. It should be expected to have some issues - is 25 too many? Probably not, if you can get them repaired and that be it. I recommend building a log, keeping track of all maintenance items, time in the shop, outcomes, etc. Get a copy of all warranty maintenance from CW. I had tons of problems with my new Tuscany, and had to resort to extreme measures to get it right. It took a full year, but I finally have a coach that is 100% reliable. The better your records, the better off you will be if you continue to have problems and have to take it to the next level.
My experience with CW was not good - it took me 6 months to figure out they did not have the expertise to repair much. There are two there options you might explore: you can work with Thor Tech support team to have a Thor tech work on your coach, or get authorization to have your coach repaired at a facility of your choosing (if they are on Thor's list). You pay the service facility for repairs and Thor reimburses you. I used both options successfully with much less frustration and downtime.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum