Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2016, 02:22 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Ace - San-T-Flush

We have a 2016 Ace 29.3 and I noticed it has a "San-T-Flush" near the outside shower and dump station.

When we took delivery this feature was not pointed out to us and there is nothing in the "Manual" talking about it.

Question: How does it work, what steps do you take etc. and do you think it works well?

Thanks

Old 06-26-2016, 02:45 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
Connect a hose to flush black tank.

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:48 AM   #3

THOR #1793
When dumping, if tank not full I start the flush water, then open black tank till empty. I then close black and let fill up while I dump grey tank. Then I close grey and dump (hopefully, mostly fresh water) from black tank.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:53 AM   #4

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
When dumping, if tank not full I start the flush water, then open black tank till empty. I then close black and let fill up while I dump grey tank. Then I close grey and dump (hopefully, mostly fresh water) from black tank.
Has it done a good job for you, and how often do you have to dump your black tank?

Old 06-26-2016, 02:59 AM   #5

THOR #1793
It works decently. Sometimes if there is buildup at bottom of toilet, I have created a "flush stick" to use from unside the lav. This has much better water pressure than the flush system. Flush system is ok as it adds water to dilute the tank.
As for dump interval. We usually have the two of us and either 1-2 college age kids stay with us. Need to dump around day 2 and at least by day 3.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:18 AM   #6

Model: ACE 30.1
State: California
THOR #5809
Tried to use mine today for the first time. Imagine my surprise. It's just a hose fitting connected to... nothing. I put my hose on the front and turned the water on, only to find the water instead of squirting into the black tank just jets out the back of the fitting. The blue hose which go into the black tank obviously should be connected at the other end to the back of that fitting. Instead it heads up through the blob of black sealing foam into the cabin, along with the hose from the water pump and several wiring harnesses.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:40 AM   #7

THOR #5809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
We have a 2016 Ace 29.3 and I noticed it has a "San-T-Flush" near the outside shower and dump station.

When we took delivery this feature was not pointed out to us and there is nothing in the "Manual" talking about it.

Question: How does it work, what steps do you take etc. and do you think it works well?

Thanks
Actually, it is discussed on page 112 (bottom, not called by any particular name,) 113 ( bottom, called "No Fuss Flush,) and over onto page 114.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:41 AM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by K6NCX View Post
Tried to use mine today for the first time. Imagine my surprise. It's just a hose fitting connected to... nothing. I put my hose on the front and turned the water on, only to find the water instead of squirting into the black tank just jets out the back of the fitting. The blue hose which go into the black tank obviously should be connected at the other end to the back of that fitting. Instead it heads up through the blob of black sealing foam into the cabin, along with the hose from the water pump and several wiring harnesses.
Lol! Sorry, but nothing suprizes me much anymore! I was tracing 110 wires in our Tuscany one time, they led thru a bulkhead with caulking but didn't come out the other side??? Finally figured out they were supposed to be hooked to the central vac system, which didn't work. Guess Thor was short on wire that day!
Old 12-29-2016, 06:03 AM   #9

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
Hi Bob,

I have used it to give another flush of the black tank just to be sure there is nothing in the bottom (solids) if we are not using the rig for a bit. It works well. I run the water for a couple minutes (maybe 4 or so) and get some water in the tank and flush again. Then follow with the grey tank. The first couple of times I used it I checked the black tank level as I filled it. Just to be sure I did not put too much water in. I could imagine it overflowing up the toilet if it ran too long.

I thought we were told that this was added to the 2017 model year when we were on a factory tour. But maybe they added it to some of the 2016's as well.

I am new to this. So I am not any kind of expert. We just bought our 29.3 this summer.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #10

Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
Quote:
I did the same. Was a bit surprised that water was shooting out the back side of it. Called Thor and they said the dealer is to hook up a fresh water hose (blue) to it. There was a blocked blue hose behind the panel. Asked the dearer to hook it up. They didn't know that was something they were to do on delivery. But none the less, it works pretty good.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #11

THOR #5809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor29.3inAZ View Post
I did the same. Was a bit surprised that water was shooting out the back side of it. Called Thor and they said the dealer is to hook up a fresh water hose (blue) to it. There was a blocked blue hose behind the panel. Asked the dearer to hook it up. They didn't know that was something they were to do on delivery. But none the less, it works pretty good.
Well, well, there is a blue hose back there with the right fitting on it. Ihadn't noticed that there was a free end to it because it drops down to the the bottom, behind the water pump. I thought I would just connect it myself, but it's too stiff. I'm afraid it way just break off in my hand.

But now I can call the dealer and tell them everything seems to be here, just have to connect it.

Hey. as long as we're in the wet bay, if there's anybody still reading this thread maybe you can help me sort some other things out. I now see drains to under the rig from each side of the water pump. There appear to be valves for the drains. How do you open them? Pull? Turn? Which way? None of this is in the ridiculous generic manual. Nor shown to us by dealer. All they said was the drain is "there." I thought they were pointing to what I now guess must be a blow-out fitting. (Maybe they were.) I thought it was ridiculous for that to be the drain, since it's above the pump.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #12

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
THOR #3016
Quote:
We've got a 30.1, and I didn't think we had any kind flushing system. Where is it? Inside the bay where the tank valves are?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #13
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Hey. as long as we're in the wet bay, if there's anybody still reading this thread maybe you can help me sort some other things out. I now see drains to under the rig from each side of the water pump. There appear to be valves for the drains. How do you open them? Pull? Turn? Which way? None of this is in the ridiculous generic manual. Nor shown to us by dealer. All they said was the drain is "there." I thought they were pointing to what I now guess must be a blow-out fitting. (Maybe they were.) I thought it was ridiculous for that to be the drain, since it's above the pump.
Don't have an ACE specifically, but the normal valves on freshwater lines and drains are the 1/4 turn type... When 'inline' with the waterline - the valve is open... when 'cross' (90 degrees) to the waterline, they are closed. The normal "lefty loosey, righty tighty" applies... counterclockwise to open - clockwise to close.

The dealer was likely to be pointing to the line to add antifreeze if that is the type of winterization you want to do.
Most blow-out fittings I've seen get threaded onto the city water connection port (hose fitting on one end - air fitting on other - either a Schrader valve (normal tire valve) or air quick connect) like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36153-B...002XL2IEA?th=1
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #14

Model: ACE 27.2
THOR #11144
San T flush continued

I have a 2017 ACE with the San T Flush system. Agree, that the manual doesn't really go into specifics for us newbies. I dumped this morning for the first time (tank ⅔ full) and when I hooked up the hose to the San T Flush nothing seemed to happen. The hose pressure built up but didn't get any water flow into the Black water tank. Any suggestions of why?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #15

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBard48 View Post
I have a 2017 ACE with the San T Flush system. Agree, that the manual doesn't really go into specifics for us newbies. I dumped this morning for the first time (tank ⅔ full) and when I hooked up the hose to the San T Flush nothing seemed to happen. The hose pressure built up but didn't get any water flow into the Black water tank. Any suggestions of why?
This is probably too obvious, but you checked the hose for kinks, I assume? If I understand correctly, when you were dumping the black water tank and all the "bad" stuff stopped, there was no clear water still draining through the dump line? With no kinks in the line and the San-T-Flush hooked up to the water source and the water turned on, there are only two things I can think of; (1) the San-T-Flush in some folks units has been left disconnected between the back of the receptacle and the black tank - this should be noticed by water running down inside the compartment, (2) a defective valve in the system itself - mine had this problem, but it caused a flood of water down the bedroom wall and onto the floor. If it is a defective valve, it is located behind the bedroom wardrobe/TV area and has to have a hole cut in the wall to replace/repair. My dealer fixed mine (under warranty) and I can't even tell where they cut the hole - they did an excellent job. I have not had any other issues with it. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #16

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #10574
For others, like me, who have had questions about what the san-t-flush does and how to use it, here is my experience (as a noob). It is literally just a line you hook your rinse hose to on the outside - on the inside of the black tank, there is a simple nozzle that tries to spray the inside of the tank to rinse it and loosen solids. This youtube video has someone who inserted a camera, on a stick, into his (new) rv toilet with san-t-flush running so you can see what it looks like.

As for some more detailed instructions and tips, here is what I have found to work.
  1. Empty your black tanks
  2. Empty your grey tanks
  3. Connect your (sewage) water hose to the san-t-flush input with black tank open
  4. Turn on the hose and start rinsing the tank, watching the output until the water continues to run clear

From my experience, here are a few things that will make the cleaning even better:
  1. Close your black tank as your san-t-flush is running and refill your tank and use the fill to rinse the entire tank again
  2. If you do this, I recommend getting a water flow meter for your hose. this will let you know exactly how much water you have added to your black tank so that you don't accidentally overflow it into your rig

Hauling the family around the country in our 2018 Thor ACE 30.2. Running, cycling or running my agency the rest of the time.
Ferf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:08 AM   #17

State: Colorado
THOR #23516
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBard48 View Post
I had the same issue with my 2019 ACE 30.3 model.
It sounds like there are several issues with Thor Quality control.

Some are hooked up backwards, which I suspect to be the case here.
I still have not been able to locate the vacuum valve (or anti back-flow)
Old 05-22-2021, 12:46 PM   #18
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoelsken View Post
I had the same issue with my 2019 ACE 30.3 model.
It sounds like there are several issues with Thor Quality control.

Some are hooked up backwards, which I suspect to be the case here.
I still have not been able to locate the vacuum valve (or anti back-flow)
Has it ever worked? If so Thor quality control is not the problem.

If the system is not used correctly the holes in the system get plugged up. Folks have been known to remove the nozzle and drill the holes slightly larger to make up for clogging due to incorrect use.

My breaker valves on multiple coaches has always been under the lavatory. The breaker valves go bad and prevent the system from operating. Should be shown on your waste water plumbing diagram available from Thor.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #19

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Exclamation

The tank flushing systems generally are like the image below with some variation depending on the manufacturer. If the vacuum breaker is installed backwards, no water can get past it into the tank. The only solution is to get it reinstalled in the correct orientation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	No-Fuss-Flush-Diagram.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	30710  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:23 PM   #20

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
I installed an aftermarket Camco Tornado black tank flush.
It works as intended.

However, in order to get my electronic tank sensors to work correctly I always end up using a “flush stick” as stated above.
That is, the Tornado is located on one end of the tank (only place it could be installed), while the sensors are on the other end.

So my guess is that the Tornado flush water doesn’t reach the sensors with enough force.

Flush stick works great but is a bit of a hassle bringing the hose into the coach.