Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2018, 08:52 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #13108
We are going to look at two Thor Challengers next week. The 37YT and a 37FH, hope this is an isolated incident. When I read these type of post it scares me a lot. I just retired and I cannot afford to lose money making trades to get a quality coach.
Do all manufacturers have the same volume of issues as Thor, or is it that Thor Manufactures more motorhomes, so we see more issues.
We were also looking at the Entegra Emblem, it does come with a 2 year warranty, so it would give you more time to get the bugs worked out. We have looked at a few used coaches, they have zero warranty (Since Warranty does not transfer). I would prefer to start new that way I know the maintenance has been performed correctly.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
We just retired and went full time picked up our 2019 Challenger 37FH 6 weeks ago. The test time has been perfect we're in Lancaster Pa.it was 90 plus degrees first 2 weeks and heavy rain and wind. Then 60s more rain. Now 10 days of low 30s at night and 40s with heavy rain and 40 mph winds. So it's getting a real test,only thing we added was stack washer dryer, they are worth every penny full loads quick quiet and no wrinkles. No leaks, no fogged Windows, no problems. We've moved 3 times 2 week stays at different campgrounds. We thought the floor plan was perfect and it is. My nature as a mechanic and 50yr drag racer is to improve things, my wife thinks it's funny that 6wks and I can't find anything, frustrated but in a good way. So we're VERY happy with our purchase. And Thor reps have called and emailed us twice to ask how we were doing,I'm sure if this was posted we would be berated or this thread would end,it's seems that's how these forums work so good luck and enjoy the the adventure.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:22 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #13108
Thanks, for sharing your experience. This is exactly what we needed to hear, hopefully you will see me post we have a 2019 FH, in about a week. I can fix minor issues myself, just if there is a design flaw, the only fix can cost a lot of $$$, or require trading for a different model.
We are wanting to spend the winter with no snow or extreme cold. This year probably in southern Texas, next year maybe Florida.
I like the idea of a pusher, but it is a lot more money, and I don't have a lot of experience in diesels other than those in pickups. The Challenger has the nice features found in diesels but with a gas V-10, and about $30K less money.
Thanks again
Old 10-26-2018, 12:58 AM   #24

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Check out the Super C's. We're very pleased and the diesel is amazing. I can't wrap my arms around the gas engine in such a big coach.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #25

State: Nevada
THOR #10325
Wow thats a story like ours, we kept ours and Johnny Walker got most bugs worked out, yes the A/C doesn't keep up until we put insulation in the windows as well as the shades pulled.
We live in Las Vegas RV Resort and love this park, it is near Samstown and shopping.
Johnny Walker had it in for a week in February and again in June for a week. most things wrong were due to lazy labor at the factory. We love our Challenger now that the bugs have all escaped. Sorry you had to go through the Rig swapping. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:31 AM   #26

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: South Dakota
THOR #12005
Test Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnows View Post
Our 2018 Thor Challenger 37LX is on its way from Indiana to Las Vegas! We are so excited! Our PDI will be Thursday next week, where as first timers we will spend 2 nights in our coach on the dealers lot learning all that we don't know. As brand new full timers, that is going to be a lot!
Make sure you test the leveling system, the push outs and the front drop down bed. Test drive it so you know it’s not pulling from one side to the other I have a 2016 Thor 37 lx. When I went to pick it up in Tucson it was obvious they did not go through it!!!
Old 11-25-2018, 02:39 AM   #27

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: South Dakota
THOR #12005
Good advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by j37genie View Post
Congrats on your purchase! A few thoughts on your PDI: hit the windshield with a hose and turn on wipers full blast; turn on the shower and look for leaks around the floor; switch the water feed through all settings and check for leaks; borrow a level from the dealer and insure the leveling system really is level; turn on all tvs, and bring a DVD to play in the DVD player; run the generator under load for an hour. We really love our Challenger, but there are just a few things we wish we had checked on before we left the dealer.
We picked our 2016 Challenger up from Lemasa RV in Tucson. While going through orientation the leveling system didn’t work. Long story short there were other items that didn’t work either! Two days later they had it fixed, but it was obvious they had not checked the rig out!
Old 11-26-2018, 12:25 AM   #28

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Challenger

2019 Challenger 37FH just set up in Newport NC 350mi drive this morning,everything going great,couldn't ask for a better coach. We are fulltime,and have been rving for 45yrs everything from tent,class B,C,and this is our 4th class A, 2 new 2 used,this is BY FAR the best coach yet,and we bought a new Leasure Travel class B in 96,and it was Great. But so far this coach is better.