Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
Posts: 36
THOR #940
Freedom Elite 28H Bathroom Vanity Cabinet

I have a 2015 Freedom Elite 28H (same as Four Winds 28Z) which has a double vanity cabinet above the sink in the bathroom. The cabinet blocks about half of the sink and prevents me from getting over it when I perform my daily routine. This causes a bit of a mess and the wife gets upset. I would like to remove the double cabinet and install a single over the counter to the left of the sink, then install a flat panel mirror over the sink. Has anyone done this? Is there a cabinet available with the same depth and color?
__________________

__________________
pdeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
Posts: 47
THOR #980
I have the same problem on the Outlaw 29h. The simple solution open the cabinet door and leave it open when you brush your teeth. That way you can get your head over the sink.
__________________

__________________
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
Posts: 47
THOR #980
Oh I also discovered Thor being lazy and stupid ran the drain for the bathroom sink into the black water tank rather then the gray water. The dealer is correcting the problem under warranty
__________________
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 5
THOR #1537
The sink on the 28H is also drained to the black water tank. It was designed that way by Thor.
__________________
burghcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #5
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
Posts: 36
THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZip View Post
I have the same problem on the Outlaw 29h. The simple solution open the cabinet door and leave it open when you brush your teeth. That way you can get your head over the sink.
I sent an email to Thor and there is a single medicine cabinet that is available but I have to order it through Camping World (closest service center). When I get it, I will remove the old and replace it with the single to the left and a mirror above the sink.
__________________
pdeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
Posts: 524
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZip View Post
Oh I also discovered Thor being lazy and stupid ran the drain for the bathroom sink into the black water tank rather then the gray water. The dealer is correcting the problem under warranty
That's a feature, not someone being lazy and stupid. Other manufacturers are doing it also.


Most people fill their grey water tanks MUCH faster than their black tanks. This plumbing method is supposed to equalize the time when both tanks fill up under normal use.

Enjoy!
__________________
Beacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
 
FW28z's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
Posts: 1,274
THOR #531
Actually there is a slight difference between a 28H and 28Z. They have the same floor plan, but the 28H has a different location for the TV (over the dinette), and two narrow windows in the dinette rather than one large one. More like the 29G (but without the bedroom slide).

You can't remove that cabinet because the AC/DC/distribution panel/converter is located in the bottom of that cabinet - at least it is on the 28Z. Well, of course anything is possible, but finding another location and re-cabling the panel would probably cost more in labor than a new 28H is worth.

The best bet is to cut the top off the cabinet and leave the base as a container for the converter. But I am not sure you would have enough room for doing your duty even if you did this.

Also the sink in the bathroom is a "poor man's" black tank flushing system. When you are at the dump station, simply turn on the water to the bathroom sink before dumping. After the first dump, close off the dump valve and let the faucet fill the black tank with clean water. Then at the appropriate time, dump the tank again.

This is perhaps not as effective as a spray nozzle rinse system, but it's better than nothing.

Obviously, practice good RV etiquette and don't do this when there are people waiting to use the dump station.
__________________
The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
FW28z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #8
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
Posts: 36
THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
Actually there is a slight difference between a 28H and 28Z. They have the same floor plan, but the 28H has a different location for the TV (over the dinette), and two narrow windows in the dinette rather than one large one. More like the 29G (but without the bedroom slide).

You can't remove that cabinet because the AC/DC/distribution panel/converter is located in the bottom of that cabinet - at least it is on the 28Z. Well, of course anything is possible, but finding another location and re-cabling the panel would probably cost more in labor than a new 28H is worth.

The best bet is to cut the top off the cabinet and leave the base as a container for the converter. But I am not sure you would have enough room for doing your duty even if you did this.

Also the sink in the bathroom is a "poor man's" black tank flushing system. When you are at the dump station, simply turn on the water to the bathroom sink before dumping. After the first dump, close off the dump valve and let the faucet fill the black tank with clean water. Then at the appropriate time, dump the tank again.

This is perhaps not as effective as a spray nozzle rinse system, but it's better than nothing.

Obviously, practice good RV etiquette and don't do this when there are people waiting to use the dump station.
Thanks for the feedback but I am talking about the medicine cabinet above the sink. There is nothing inside it.
__________________
pdeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
 
FW28z's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
Posts: 1,274
THOR #531
Oh, OK.
__________________

__________________
The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
FW28z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×