Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I'm not sure if mine is HD Max or not... whatever it is it's not what it should be.

I don't so much love throwing money at it, so I'm considering going over mine with rattle can automotive clearcoat. My initial test looks promising.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #22

Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
Finish on Thor Products???

Dear List,

Glad to see this discussion has come up. I bought my 2014 Thor Freedom Elite 23U used a year ago in Florida. It shined when I picked up from the used car dealer in Daytona Beach! When I got it home and started to drive it the rear wall or back end was always dull. It really did not matter how much I washed it. Well I thought about power polishing it but it seems like there is this grit embedded in the finish. I have been following a number of thread on this board on polishing, finishes, etc. Since I did not order my unit I have no idea what Thor called this UGLY mocha with black and white swirls finish.

Not the RV I would have ordered from the factory but what I could afford if you know what I mean.... I am reluctant to do much with the finish until I figure out what to do with the grit.... I don't see any point in grinding it into the rest of the finish.

Any suggestions on what to do about the backs of the mirrors which seem to be heavily embedded with either grit or dead bugs? I basically hand wash the RV with RV soap and clean towels and brushes. I am not impressed with the quality of the finish work on this rv. I have had 15 yo 20 year Winnebago Rialtas with better finish. My GM Chassis paint is holding up well and glistens except for the back of the mirrors.

Rocky
2014 Thor Freedom Elite 23U or 23H depending on the paperwork!
Old 08-22-2018, 10:04 PM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Snake Oil...funny Bob. Stopped by the Chevy dealer this AM to look at new gas 2500's. Don't think I need the diesel anymore. They had the aftermarket sticker on the window... $1,995 for paint and interior protectant...the sales dude said it was a factory requirement as the paint needed to cure on the way to dealerships before it could he apllied. I suggested he'd do better at RV sales. Tore is card up and put it in his shit pocket for him...left.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Remember that Brass Monkey? That Salesman would have turned him green with envy.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1534976009
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brass Monkey.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	12392  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #25

Model: 23U
State: Virginia
THOR #9682
As a follow-up: I picked up my new 23U last week without the HD-Max finish. As suspected it appears to be the exact same thing: A gel coat finish with decals... just white gel coat instead of the HD-Max colored gel coat. I much prefer white so I'm really glad I didn't shell out extra cash for the HD-Max options.