Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Connecticut
THOR #3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Bill

If I were in your situation one area that I would pay particular attention to, along with major systems, are the "fit and finish" items. These include cabinet door installation, lights, seals etc... These items are only covered under warranty for 90 days. Have the dealer fix them before you sign the contract. 90 days will sneak up on you faster than you know.
Excellent advice, thank you. I didn't realize there was only 90 days on that stuff. I assumed 1 year bumper to bumper like Forest River.

Bill

Old 03-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #22

State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
I'd have them think that the "no fix - no check" until the last possible moment just to provide as much incentive as you can.

So with that said - enjoy and welcome to the Challenger family.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #23

State: Connecticut
THOR #3785
Will do. Thanks Ben.
2016 Challenger 37TB
BillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:19 AM   #24

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
Just watch out for a little trick they love to play. They give you a time for the walk through but when you arrive the salesman is busy and the tech is walking another customer through their delivery. They offer coffee and apologize. Finally about an hour before the service department closes they come get you and rush through an inspection. Any problem you find will have to wait until the next day or you get a promise to fix but the next dealer you go to has no stake in the sale so you have to leave your RV for who knows how long.
If I were spending that kind of money I would make sure I had an extra day and would let them know I would camp over night in there parking lot so they could do the fixes the next day before I handed over my trade or check.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:45 AM   #25

Model: Aria 3901
State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
We bought new, and have no regrets. Shop around, we've bought our last 3 RV from wholesale dealers and walked away happy. Trading in a rig is a different story, I've always felt taken because most dealers don't pay but 60-70% of trade in value. Best of luck either way, new or used..

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote