Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2015, 03:46 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
To me that looks like the fuel fill of the next camper over from that unit. If you look at the brake lights on the near unit you can see that they are right at the edge of the camper with very little room for anything let alone a fuel fill.

The unit to the right looks like a 24.1 if it is then the passenger brake lights and the ladder are right up against the passenger side of the unit with no room at all for anything else.
After looking closer I believe you are correct and I'll concede the point.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I didn't see it at first but this model seems to have less outside storage than the others. Certainly nothing resembling a mega-storage compartment like the 24.1 (which could be even bigger without generator in rear corner like on 25.3).

Also, the passenger side of the RV looks a little too plain due to lack of any windows at all on back half of motorhome. To me that is unusual enough to stand out.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
I didn't see it at first but this model seems to have less outside storage than the others. Certainly nothing resembling a mega-storage compartment like the 24.1 (which could be even bigger without generator in rear corner like on 25.3).

Also, the passenger side of the RV looks a little too plain due to lack of any windows at all on back half of motorhome. To me that is unusual enough to stand out.
What is the big door under the slide in front of the outside shower (pic #3 again)?
Hopefully it isn't a "waste tank access door" like Thor did on the 24.1 ("Great more storage...oh crap storage!".)

In pic #4 there is also a large door for outside storage (the lower one near the entry door--assuming the upper panel is for the outside TV).

The 25.3 is now showing up on Thor's website:
http://axis-motorhomes.com/floorplans
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #24

THOR #2121
Jamie, Thor Axis specs show 40 cubic feet of storage for model 25.3 versus 63.5 cubic feet for model 24.1, so it confirms what seems apparent from pictures -- lack of outside compartment doors compared to other models. My wife picked up on that right away as soon as I showed her the pictures.

I personally find that very disappointing given that the 25.3 is a foot longer than the 24.1. It confirms to me that Thor designers mostly care about interior design and layout and must know that outside storage is very low on buyers' priority list. Outside storage seems like an afterthought.

From my perspective a 24.1 model made a foot longer at rear with generator relocated ahead of rear wheels like on 25.3 could have a more-usable MegaStorage compartment, pushing outside storage to near 100 cubic feet.

As I've mentioned before, that's a very common design feature in Europe and very rare in USA. At least in smaller motorhomes (which in itself seems counterintuitive).
Old 08-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #25

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Might the 25.3 swap outside storage for under-bed storage? The biggest chunk of outside storage on our 24.1 is actually space under the head of the bed platform. I've seen some units that had an external door in the slide to access the space under the sliding bed platform. It doesn't appear that the 25.3 gets that treatment, but hopefully the space under the bed is accessible from the inside?

Randy
Old 08-07-2015, 01:58 AM   #26

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Might the 25.3 swap outside storage for under-bed storage? The biggest chunk of outside storage on our 24.1 is actually space under the head of the bed platform. I've seen some units that had an external door in the slide to access the space under the sliding bed platform. It doesn't appear that the 25.3 gets that treatment, but hopefully the space under the bed is accessible from the inside?

Randy
Randy, isn't the area under the bed normally used for equipment and other items like the fresh water tank and pump? In some cases I've seen drawers built-in on side of bed just under matress level to make use of this surplus space. Although on a folding or sliding matress arrangement this may not work as effectively.

I've not seen a slide with outside access to the underbed area, although I guess it may work. I personally prefer the simpler approach used on your 24.1, except maybe made bigger.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #27

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Chance,

I imagine it depends on the coach. Hopefully someone who's seen one will let us know. It's certainly possible, and would make storage on the 25.3 an potential problem. I actually like the layout otherwise. I'd really like the dinette and the extra room in the kitchen!

Randy
Old 08-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #28

Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
The only change I would like in the 24.1 would be to have the option of a dinette rather than sofa. Other than that it is a very useful coach as it is.

Phil
Old 08-28-2015, 05:22 PM   #29

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #2757
Roof of the Vegas 25.3

I have a picture of the roof of the 25.3

DinoC41
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VEGAS (42).JPG
Views:	279
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	729  
Old 08-31-2015, 02:01 PM   #30

THOR #2757
Hi guys,

I have a picture of the roof of the 25.3...how can I post it for you to review?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #31

THOR #2757
Roof Image of the new 25.3 Axis/Vegas

I have an image of the roof of the 25.3...

Old 08-31-2015, 08:55 PM   #32

State: Florida
THOR #2786
The problem is the windshield, does it still have the windshield that is so large. I have replaced my 2015 windshield twice now. I read the threads that it is a major problem. Also it gets so hot, the a/c can't keep up.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #33

THOR #2786
Does anyone that owns a axis or Vegas have trouble with the windshield cracking? Wondering if this is just a unique problem or just my luck.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #34
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I'm not a Vegas owner but there were a few posts about the windshield with some folks reporting repairs under warranty.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 PM   #35

THOR #1075
I have not had a windshield problem and I have over 7,000 miles. I would think that most units get warm in the summer. I do use the generator while driving in mid summer sun and the house air keeps the unit quite comfortable for all passengers.

I did own a class B on a Sprinter and that unit was small enough that the dash air system took care of it. But, larger units will need more than cab air.

Phil
Old 08-31-2015, 09:19 PM   #36

THOR #1075
dstankov,

I wonder if the windshield units with issues are all in a build group and had faulty installation or windshields.

Owners with windshield issues please post your build date so we can see if there is a trend.

Phil
Old 08-31-2015, 10:35 PM   #37
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz
I wonder if the windshield units with issues are all in a build group and had faulty installation or windshields.

Owners with windshield issues please post your build date so we can see if there is a trend.
I've noticed that its the newer models that have been having windshield problems. I don't think any of us with 2014 models have had a windshield issue.

I wonder if Thor changed the source of the windshield or changed how the front cowl is manufactured that would change the stresses put on the windshield (perhaps they are building it better making it more stiff....NAAHH!! LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #38

THOR #2121
As best as I can recall the first 25.2 model we saw at a Camping World dealer right after that model came out had a cracked windshield. It was low and in front of driver, and had no signs of a typical impact. There were two Axis/Vegas next to each other so I may have them backwards. Either way it was disappointing to see.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #39

THOR #1249
No cracks so far(knocking on wooden head). A little of 11K of rough road on the trip meter.