Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-26-2018, 04:05 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 271
THOR #10354
2017 Thor Veags 25.2 wiring diagram Solar pre-wire

The only wiring diagrams I have seen on this site are dated 2014. I would like to find out if there is any pre-wire for solar panels on the 2017 Vegas models? This would be at least a 10 gauge wire for a typical roof panel.
__________________

__________________
Thehobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
Posts: 902
THOR #2271
Call Thor Customer Service with your VIN and they will email you your wiring diagram.
__________________

__________________
Added: HWH Kick-Down Leveler; RoadMaster Anti-sway bars; Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser; Accede Backup Sensor Kit; cylinder locks (w/one combo lock); custom sink cover; Pioneer AVH-4100 NEX front radio; Pioneer MVH-X5560BT rear radio; Oxygenics Shower head; ScanGuage II; Blue Ox Tow Bar w/RVi Brake 2; Winegard Rayzar Automatic TV antenna; Trimark Steel door lock; Dometic 310 toilet; whatever is next.
gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gnach's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
Posts: 560
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
The only wiring diagrams I have seen on this site are dated 2014. I would like to find out if there is any pre-wire for solar panels on the 2017 Vegas models? This would be at least a 10 gauge wire for a typical roof panel.
On my '18, two #10 with plug sockets are on roof behind the rear vent. Seen from the ladder and are loose under the bed in that mess of wires. Call Thor.
__________________
I'm wearing trifocals now but my hindsight is 20/20.
*************
Bilsteins and Sumos front and rear...HUGE! FatMat and Hoodliner...HUGE!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 11,149
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Call Thor Customer Service with your VIN and they will email you your wiring diagram.
Yup!

1 (877) 855-2867
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304

Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Former coach: Thor Outlaw 29-H
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
Posts: 3
THOR #11876
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Call Thor Customer Service with your VIN and they will email you your wiring diagram.
I have 2018 windsport 34j and I call Thor and they said they did not have the diagram.?!WHO/WHAT!!!!! They said just look for the red wire from the roof in the battery bay. I Have ask three dealership and one road maintenance guy and they all said thor have no wiring prints.
__________________
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
Posts: 611
THOR #4366
We have better luck on getting diagrams by talking with tech support not customer service. You will still need the VIN.
__________________
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd tranny
300 watts portable solar.
200 watts solar on the roof.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gnach's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
Posts: 560
THOR #6582
The drawing I received that has the only indication of the solar pre-wire is about the "Left Side Harness", dwg number: TEE2300 rev 2. BUT, it's for the Axis, Vegas 25.4 and it only indicates that 2x 10ga wires, Red and White are in the harness. There is no indication that i originates under the bed and terminates on the roof, hence nearly no help. All of the wiring circuits (except dash and truck chassis), both 12v and 110v originate here.
__________________
I'm wearing trifocals now but my hindsight is 20/20.
*************
Bilsteins and Sumos front and rear...HUGE! FatMat and Hoodliner...HUGE!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
gnach's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
Posts: 560
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman04 View Post
I have 2018 windsport 34j and I call Thor and they said they did not have the diagram.?!WHO/WHAT!!!!! They said just look for the red wire from the roof in the battery bay. I Have ask three dealership and one road maintenance guy and they all said thor have no wiring prints.

CW service writer told me the same thing, but I have no faith in anything that I've been told. I gave them the dash harness drawings I got from Thor CS that showed where the fuse buss controlling the dash was. Can that possibly be how this industry works. ALL constructions drawings (pdf) for ALL models could fit on a DVD.
Lame.
__________________
I'm wearing trifocals now but my hindsight is 20/20.
*************
Bilsteins and Sumos front and rear...HUGE! FatMat and Hoodliner...HUGE!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
Posts: 3
THOR #11876
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
CW service writer told me the same thing, but I have no faith in anything that I've been told. I gave them the dash harness drawings I got from Thor CS that showed where the fuse buss controlling the dash was. Can that possibly be how this industry works. ALL constructions drawings (pdf) for ALL models could fit on a DVD.
Lame.
I was a US Navy Avionics shop chief and residential electrical contractor. In aircraft every wire has a # just where it goes type on it and paper work for every inch of its location. But house wire had only a general location. I would take a general location where my solar panel wires end up in side my Windsport 34J form the roof pre-wire.?????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!
__________________
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:56 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
gnach's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
Posts: 560
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman04 View Post
... I would take a general location where my solar panel wires end up in side my Windsport 34J form the roof pre-wire.?????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!

I don't know your unit but in my Axis, the feed from the roof are loose, insecure in the rat's nest behind the distribution panel. Both 12v and 110v runs come to that panel. In the same space beneath the bed are the converter/charger, use/store relay, and two other unlabelled relays. The water pump and fresh water tank, it's fill hose and it's drain valve are also there. No separation. Just a jumble of wire and hose. Among this are the loose, uncapped, unlabelled, #10 orange and white solar prep wires.



Do you have the covered stub outs on the roof? If not, the pair can be run thru the refrigerator vent duct and thru cabinetry. Or thru exposed wiremold if need be. It's doable.
__________________
I'm wearing trifocals now but my hindsight is 20/20.
*************
Bilsteins and Sumos front and rear...HUGE! FatMat and Hoodliner...HUGE!
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:32 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
Posts: 3
THOR #11876
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
I don't know your unit but in my Axis, the feed from the roof are loose, insecure in the rat's nest behind the distribution panel. Both 12v and 110v runs come to that panel. In the same space beneath the bed are the converter/charger, use/store relay, and two other unlabelled relays. The water pump and fresh water tank, it's fill hose and it's drain valve are also there. No separation. Just a jumble of wire and hose. Among this are the loose, uncapped, unlabelled, #10 orange and white solar prep wires.



Do you have the covered stub outs on the roof? If not, the pair can be run thru the refrigerator vent duct and thru cabinetry. Or thru exposed wiremold if need be. It's doable.
I have the pre-wire on the roof but I have not found them on the inside. I installed some extra 110 outlet next to king size bed. and yes there was a rat nest of wire there, but that was before I started installing the solar. I will have to go over where my RV is stored and check under the bed for solar wire. Thanks!!!!
__________________

__________________
shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×