Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #1

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
TV amp box

I have 2016 axis 25.2. Has anyone ever taken the TV amplifier cover off and can tell me what is back there or send pictures. I am trying to connect a direct TV antenna to the coax connector on the side of rv where on connects cable TV. I want to know if I can change wiring for satelitte or do I need to take it to dealer. Thanks

Old 06-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
That is not an amp. It is simply a switch for air to cable. It does have a small circuit board inside, if you remove the unit from the box. You should be able to simply connect the dish to the exterior coax connector, and then use the switch to go from cable to antenna.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:47 PM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
David - I believe the ciruit board is an amp!
Behind that is a splitter for all three TVs. The white cable wire is the connection to the outide cable connector. If you replace the input that was the white wire, you will only get satellite. If you use an A-B switch, you could use all three.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #4

THOR #3471
Do you have a drawing or no where I can get one before I tare everything apart
Old 06-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #5

THOR #3471
wiring for tv from camping world

Coax from outside goes to center of amp. Left side of amp goes to roof antenna. Right side of amp to splitter. From top of splitter to outside tv. From center of splitter to bedroom tv. From bottom of splitter to tv above door front.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #6

THOR #3471
camping world

This is from a phone call to cw can anyone verify
Old 06-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #7

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
That sounds right to me. Both the outside cable and antenna would have to come in as inputs. The output would have to be split three ways exactly as described. And the circuit board is an amp for the antenna input.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #8

State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Satellite Connection

The information above in this string is correct in as much as the splitter behind the amp. Although the white cable from the outside connector should be RG-6 (satellite compatible), the problem I encountered while trying to connect my satellite dish is that the amp and splitters (there are actually two splitters I found behind the wall where the amp is located) all interrupted the the power coming from the satellite receiver to the dish so I simply by-passed the amp and splitters and connected the white cable (from outside connector) directly to my receiver and that resolved that problem. I left the remaining cables connected to the amp and splitters so with this configuration all three TVs can use the amp and receive over-the-air broadcasts but I cannot use the outside cable connector for receiving cable television. When I get motivated again, I am going to simply drill a hole and install a second cable connector. One that is cable TV ready and the other satellite ready.