Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
Zero Degrees in a DRV

We aren't planning on leaving Wyoming until January, and from there on out we will be in mostly warm climates. I know we have the best insulation out there on these DRV's, however I'm curious if anyone has experience at temperatures down to zero, or maybe even less. If we will be okay without skirting, I'd prefer to go that route even if we'll use more propane for heat. I don't want to deal with hauling the skirting around of I can get away with it.

Thoughts?

Old 08-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #2

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
JBurg,

I have been in ours at -5 F and stayed comfortable inside at 70 F. I did use our cheap heat system when the temps were at the 15 F mark and above but below that, you would need to run the fireplace as well to supplement the cheap heat or turn the furnace to propane. You will go thru a lot of propane in those temps unless you skirt the trailer though.
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #3

Model: 36 RSSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #2152
We were in Tonopah, NV last December and it was 7 degrees. Luckily, it was only for a day. As GeorgiaHybrid said you will have to use all your systems to stay warm. The Drv's have good insulation but no rv is completely sealed up tight. You lose a lot of heat through the slides. Skirting may be a good option for you
Old 08-11-2015, 08:03 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #1920
Our 06 was drafty. I would not want to go there in it.