Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2016, 12:27 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Connecticut
THOR #3421
Normandy Farms

Has anybody been to Normandy Farms in Foxboro Ma.?
It looks appealing and recommended but I'd love t hear people's experience, and what sites they were in.
Bob

Old 01-16-2016, 02:36 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
We were there back in 2012. Had planned a trip to Boston and didn't know any good places to stay. About the time I was planning the trip The Travel Channel had a top 10 campgrounds in the US to stay at. Unbelievably they chose Normandy Farms as the #1 (above Ft. Wilderness).

Personally I wouldn't call it the #1 campground, but it is in my top 5 (as I posted in the Favorite Campgrounds thread).

It is a very family friendly campground with tons of stuff to do for everyone. The clubhouse even has an Adults Only section to escape the kids. Staff is very nice. In fact the guy who showed us to our campsite noticed someone had scratched a profane word in the picnic table. Two seconds later he had a power sander out and was removing the word..! We hadn't noticed it at all and I can't even tell you what the word was as it was gone by the time I looked.

Our site was way in the back (like 1313 or so). It wasn't really bad; kind of quiet being away from all the action. Everything is still walkable though.

Some pics:
This was before our Axis when we had the 5th wheel. Our site:

The main pool:

The main clubhouse/rec center:
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #3

THOR #3421
That helps a lot. We are trying to plan some long weekend trips and can always use some advice from first hand. Mostly around the northeast areas, at this point with work and stuff. What's happens is you find one that you like, close to home, and we tend to default to it. It's a great site but now with the bigger coach we want to venture a bit.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #4

THOR #3421
Booked it!!