Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2019, 10:45 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Does anyone have the part number for the 2020 style switch, and is it just an r&r job?

Old 08-25-2019, 12:48 AM   #22

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
My Thor super c did that once. It turned out to be a strange looking circuit breaker in the battery bay. It didn’t look like any breaker I had ever seen. Seems like it was red with a yellow thing that popes out.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #23

Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #11743
Inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBeerbower View Post
Team, quick question. Have a 2018 Thor 35SB Super C and was recently plugged into a 50amp pedestal at a site. Thunderstorm came in while we were away and the campground lost power. When we came back to the unit probably an hour or so after the power was lost I noticed that the inverter was also off and had not kept the residential fridge on. As a test I also started everything back up on generator power, then turned off the generator. When the generator went out I noticed the whole coach was off and the inverter did not click back on.

Is this normal? I would have thought the inverter would have stayed on the power the fridge.
I have a 2018 Thor Aria 3901 class A I had electrical issues (gfci) I called Thor and they knew what my problem was and they sent me a new inverter to replace mine. I have found Thor customer service to be very helpful
Old 08-26-2019, 09:42 AM   #24
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I have a 2018 Thor Aria 3901 class A I had electrical issues (gfci) I called Thor and they knew what my problem was and they sent me a new inverter to replace mine. I have found Thor customer service to be very helpful
The fridge is typically NOT on a GFCI circuit. Normally only the bathroom and kitchen outlets... and whatever others are on same circuit. Microwave and fridge should be on their own circuits.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:48 AM   #25
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBeerbower View Post
Team, quick question. Have a 2018 Thor 35SB Super C and was recently plugged into a 50amp pedestal at a site. Thunderstorm came in while we were away and the campground lost power. When we came back to the unit probably an hour or so after the power was lost I noticed that the inverter was also off and had not kept the residential fridge on. As a test I also started everything back up on generator power, then turned off the generator. When the generator went out I noticed the whole coach was off and the inverter did not click back on.

Is this normal? I would have thought the inverter would have stayed on the power the fridge.

Was the inverter ON before power was lost? Or in your test?
Typically has an ATS (automatic transfer switch) in inverter, so it will run on shore power/genny when present and battery when power is lost. But I don’t expect it will turn itself on if t was off at the time,
With all power disconnected, turn on inverter and insure it powers the fridge. Then supply power from shore or genny. Inverter should show running on external power.
Disconnect shore or shut down genny, and fridge should continue to run from batteries.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #26

State: Illinois
THOR #4121
Could be

About 2 years ago I had a similar issue with the power going out at the campground and I being gone. When I returned I powered off the pedestal and then turned it back on. The power for the 110 side worked fine but the inverter was apparently cooked. I had to replace the inverter and had no further problems.