Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #2605
update

As I posted the other day, Ford service center found gas tank problem and its doing fine in that area but wipers don't work. CW had told me they weren't covered under warranty, an adjustment. I called Thor and talked with Ron Baker. He told me they were certainly covered under warranty. Have made apt with another service facility to correct.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #22

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Another black eye for CW It's so odd that is happening in so many service departments of CW. They must be getting a letter from the home base telling them what to do and not do. It does appear that they do a little more when they sell the coach themselves, but that is no excuse either.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:10 PM   #23

THOR #2605
I agree Yosemite. I did purchase the unit from them, brand new, 5 months ago.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #24

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Beachrunner, Find a friend with a wheel puller to fix the windshield wipers.. They are actually fairly cheap at parts store. I had the same issue and just did the adjustment myself.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:06 AM   #25

THOR #3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Beachrunner, Find a friend with a wheel puller to fix the windshield wipers.. They are actually fairly cheap at parts store. I had the same issue and just did the adjustment myself.
If you have an AutoZone near you (are perhaps other auto parts too) they will loan you a wheel puller.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:19 AM   #26

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Thor sucks

"
Thank you for the information. I was able to review it with our CS manager and at this point in time we’re unable to reimburse for the invoice that you sent me. Batteries are not warranted by Thor Motor Coach, but directly by the battery manufacturer. The issues with the radio and the slideout had no work performed, just inspections and diagnostics. "

Yes, the coach went in for slide noises, ie, thumping.. CW spray lube on the tracks, charged me, did not solve the problem and a few months later still issue. Thor has decided to decline fixing the problem. This company sucks. If you were thinking about a Thor product factor in a few grand to fix there crap production line mistakes!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:08 AM   #27

THOR #3195
petef, do you have Harris batteries, they have been talked about a lot here in this forum, check it out. As far as the slides go, try talking to Lippert Components, they are the ones that made the system. See what they say and perhaps go back to Thor with that information.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #28

THOR #970
Harris would not warranty them because they said Thor is using a substandard charging system and the dealers do not keep the batteries charged correctly! It sucked CW charged me $68 to test it. Walmart does it for free.. but I wanted to make sure it was not the battery and the system was working. I think Harris had a bad batch, again, Thor or CW should have stepped in and made it right but seems the RV business is quite different then the auto business. I did talk with Lippert today and have watched a few of their videos, will be taking a much closer look at the motor today, maybe a screw that holds it is missing. This should have been found by CW when I took it in. Really, between Thor and Camping World I can't even begin to say what I think of them! I ca't wait until RV's start coming from overseas so I can buy something with quality control in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitebob View Post
petef, do you have Harris batteries, they have been talked about a lot here in this forum, check it out. As far as the slides go, try talking to Lippert Components, they are the ones that made the system. See what they say and perhaps go back to Thor with that information.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #29

THOR #970
I am happy to report Thor has taken the steps to have my slide problem looked at by another dealer. It restores my faith in American companies. I had to make the wheel squeak, but in the end they responded like I thought they should. Thanks Thor!
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
Harris would not warranty them because they said Thor is using a substandard charging system and the dealers do not keep the batteries charged correctly! It sucked CW charged me $68 to test it. Walmart does it for free.. but I wanted to make sure it was not the battery and the system was working. I think Harris had a bad batch, again, Thor or CW should have stepped in and made it right but seems the RV business is quite different then the auto business. I did talk with Lippert today and have watched a few of their videos, will be taking a much closer look at the motor today, maybe a screw that holds it is missing. This should have been found by CW when I took it in. Really, between Thor and Camping World I can't even begin to say what I think of them! I ca't wait until RV's start coming from overseas so I can buy something with quality control in place.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:18 AM   #30

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Thor qa

We have had numerous problems with our 2015 Windsport 34F, purchased new in October, 2015. We have still not been able to use it yet, for a single night of camping.

I am very disappointed at the lack of QA at THOR. Everything has been like pulling teeth to have them to agree to warranty repairs.

However, despite the disappointments, THOR has, for the most part, been standing up to make the repairs needed. This includes recently paying to have the entire front end replaced, on a brand new vehicle with 4k miles. It took 2 different Ford dealers 7 weeks of frittering around, but the repairs seem to have finally been done properly. In addition to the front end problems, the rear wheels were WAY out of alignment as well. THOR picked up the $640 4 wheel alignment cost, after Ford warrantied the front end work. But really, 7 weeks?

It is now back in the RV shop to fix the auto level, the radio, the generator, and the slide out! Oh, and yes, the batteries have gone bad, Harris. They may have been the root cause of the other electrical problems.

The local THOR recommended RV shop is great. Nice people, quality work, reasonable turn around time, and fair pricing on non warrantied work I have had them do.

So it looks like we may be able to use our RV sometime in the next month, for recreation. Once we make a few camping trips, I believe we will have some more items on the list.

I am documenting and recording everything. We love the floor plan, and we do believe we will enjoy the RV, once THOR gets it to the point that it SHOULD have been in, on the day we drove it off the lot. But, if they can't, or won't get it to the point that its reliable and safe to drive, we have the option of filing a Lemon Lawsuit. All in all, its been nowhere close to the experience we had been expecting. My recommendation to anyone would be to think long and hard about buying anything new, of any brand. The warranty only goes for a year, or 12K miles. If your experience is like ours, 33% and growing of your warranty is spent in repair shops! Thats crazy, and I know of no other industry where a failure rate that like would be acceptable. Buy something a few years old, and use the repair shop of your choice. Inspect it carefully, and buy an extended warranty if that is your preference.

Doing this will save you 40-60% off of buying new, and you will get a rig with all of the problems ironed out.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #31

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1 View Post
Buy something a few years old, and use the repair shop of your choice. Inspect it carefully, and buy an extended warranty if that is your preference.

Doing this will save you 40-60% off of buying new, and you will get a rig with all of the problems ironed out.
"...all the problems ironed out." Good luck with that theory!
Old 01-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #32

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Reality check

Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1 View Post
Buy something a few years old, and use the repair shop of your choice. Inspect it carefully, and buy an extended warranty if that is your preference.

"... a rig with all the problems ironed out." Good luck with that theory!
Old 01-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #33

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New York
THOR #3187
I have posted many times on this board how bad Camping World is and some have said you just have to find a good one. We ll so far I have not. The issue is in some parts of the country its the only shop out there to get repairs done and you are at their mercy. I have a ACE 29.3 and eventually I will upgrade to something a little bigger but I will not buy it from a camping world. I may flight to the closes place from the manufacturer and drive it home. Best bet is to deal directly with Thor.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #34
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
why do you not call Thor and have them give you another company to do the work for you. They have for several folks here
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #35

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New York
THOR #3187
I have called them and complained to them about Camping world and they have never suggested another vendor but I will try that moving forward.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #36

THOR #3203
Captjsr

I have 2015 Windsport 34F and would like some tips on in stalling a CB antenna.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:28 AM   #37

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
I wouldn't have camping world or anyone else mess with anything related to the engine, headlights, switches in the cab, wipers, battery in the engine compartment etc. Ford has a 3 year warranty that covers those things. The only problem you will probably have to go to a Ford authorized Fleet Truck service. Most car dealers will tell you they can't fit the RV in their service bay. You're responsible for oil changes, I have those done locally at a commercial truck facility.
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #38

THOR #3436
Open Roads Complete RV Service and Sales in Acworth, GA (near I-75 and SR-92) is a great Thor authorized repair center.