Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
bevedfelker's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
Posts: 1,168
Picture of Axis/Vegas House Batteries

Anyone out there with a picture of the axis/Thor house batteries under the step cover? If so, please post.

Also, if you installed a manual house battery disconnect near the batteries can you also post a picture of that as well?

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Ed & Bev Felker
Retired USAF Col and retired Nurse
Traveling with Lily & Bella ('Teddy Bear' breed)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
revjeffrey's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Indiana
Posts: 465
Ed, Feel free to use as needed. Others you need let me know. Rev.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_103318.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	9052Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_103101.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	9053Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_103020.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	9054
__________________

__________________
Rev. Jeffrey 2017 Thor Axis 24.1 E450 Windjammer.
Silver Safe-T-Plus Steering Control
SSF-106-40 SumoSprings Solo Front Bump Stop
SSR-107-47 SumoSprings Rear Bump Stop
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '16 Axis 24.1
State: California
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Anyone out there with a picture of the axis/Thor house batteries under the step cover? If so, please post.

Also, if you installed a manual house battery disconnect near the batteries can you also post a picture of that as well?

Thanks
I'll get some pictures taken today of the AGM 6 volts mounted on their sides and post them. Stand by.
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
revjeffrey's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Indiana
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
I'll get some pictures taken today of the AGM 6 volts mounted on their sides and post them. Stand by.
That would be great I would love to see that setup I have not purchased coach batteries yet thank you. I'm not sure if they're wired different and did you change your converter I saw someone change there's to an upgraded Progressive I would like to also do that.
__________________
Rev. Jeffrey 2017 Thor Axis 24.1 E450 Windjammer.
Silver Safe-T-Plus Steering Control
SSF-106-40 SumoSprings Solo Front Bump Stop
SSR-107-47 SumoSprings Rear Bump Stop
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bevedfelker's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
Posts: 1,168
Can anyone that installed a battery cutoff switch post a picture showing where you installed it (Axis/Vegas)?

I want to install one but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of space to nstall it anywhere near the batteries.
__________________
Ed & Bev Felker
Retired USAF Col and retired Nurse
Traveling with Lily & Bella ('Teddy Bear' breed)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '16 Axis 24.1
State: California
Posts: 838
AGM Deep Cycle Six Volts

Here are the above and the below the steps pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3635.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	9059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3636.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	9060  

axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1
Is this a picture of two 6V Batteries or four?
tjyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
revjeffrey's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Indiana
Posts: 465
That picture is of two 6 volt. I am not sure of model or size.
__________________
Rev. Jeffrey 2017 Thor Axis 24.1 E450 Windjammer.
Silver Safe-T-Plus Steering Control
SSF-106-40 SumoSprings Solo Front Bump Stop
SSR-107-47 SumoSprings Rear Bump Stop
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Quebec
Posts: 28
Hi Ed and Bev

Thanks a lot for your hard work, it is appreciated, very generous of your part.

I have a question concerning the air pressure, I have a 2016 Vegas 24.1 and on the sticker info it shows 75 PSI front and 80 PSI rear. I Wonder why the 65 psi.

I need to have my wheels torqued, can you tell me what is the psi setting.

Thanks again and regards
michbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:01 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '16 Axis 24.1
State: California
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
That picture is of two 6 volt. I am not sure of model or size.
Those are LifeLine brand GPL-4CT six volt batteries. If you look at the LifeLine battery web site it will give you the specs. Not cheap, but hopefully quality. I paid $338.56 each for them. The battery box was then modified to support them on their sides along with a metal shield to protect the terminal connections.
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:03 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
revjeffrey's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Indiana
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Those are LifeLine brand GPL-4CT six volt batteries. If you look at the LifeLine battery web site it will give you the specs. Not cheap, but hopefully quality. I paid $338.56 each for them. The battery box was then modified to support them on their sides along with a metal shield to protect the terminal connections.
Are they wired exactly the same as the factory ones I will be taking out even though they're 6-volt?
__________________
Rev. Jeffrey 2017 Thor Axis 24.1 E450 Windjammer.
Silver Safe-T-Plus Steering Control
SSF-106-40 SumoSprings Solo Front Bump Stop
SSR-107-47 SumoSprings Rear Bump Stop
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:34 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '16 Axis 24.1
State: California
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
Are they wired exactly the same as the factory ones I will be taking out even though they're 6-volt?
No. You need to watch a U Tube video about the difference between being wired IN SERIES or PARALLEL. Once you watch it you will quickly see how it is done.
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:35 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
revjeffrey's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Indiana
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
No. You need to watch a U Tube video about the difference between being wired IN SERIES or PARALLEL. Once you watch it you will quickly see how it is done.
Awesome thanks for the quick reply you've helped me tremendously and I do appreciate that.
__________________
Rev. Jeffrey 2017 Thor Axis 24.1 E450 Windjammer.
Silver Safe-T-Plus Steering Control
SSF-106-40 SumoSprings Solo Front Bump Stop
SSR-107-47 SumoSprings Rear Bump Stop
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:06 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
gnach's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
Posts: 241
Coach batteries disconnect

Ed, sorry for the delay. The disconnect for my coach batteries is installed behind the front grille, passenger side. '18 Axis 25.4
__________________
I'm wearing trifocals now but my hindsight is 20/20.
*************
Bilsteins and Sumo shocks front and rear...HUGE!
FatMat and Hoodliner...HUGE!
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:27 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Here are the above and the below the steps pictures.
What kind of modifications did you make to your battery box? And are you getting significantly better run times than you did with the stock 12v from THOR?

Trying to decide to go with two 12v, two 6v, or trying to add two more 6v or 12v... Decisions, decisions.
Mo_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:03 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
slomarsh's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3 2017
State: California
Posts: 12
I just discovered something yesterday RE House battery cut off. To the left of the left hand battery (toward rear of coach) there is a 100amp breaker mounted on the side wall.
Our is a 25.3 but yours may be the same location. There is a blue button which, if pushed, breaks the hot side of the house batteries and isolates them. I was going to install a cut off switch but after discovering the breaker I think I will open the breaker while the RV in in storage.
slomarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '16 Axis 24.1
State: California
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
What kind of modifications did you make to your battery box? And are you getting significantly better run times than you did with the stock 12v from THOR?

Trying to decide to go with two 12v, two 6v, or trying to add two more 6v or 12v... Decisions, decisions.
As far as modifications go, a metal shield, painted black was fabricated to protect the tops of the batteries and cables since they are facing inboard now. I have only been dry camping for 3 days and haven't been able to notice any real difference in comparison to the 12 volts that came with it. One of the reasons I went the 6 volt direction was because they are supposed to last twice as long. Hope that is true for what they cost. It does seem like they stay charged longer when it has been parked between travels.
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:02 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
As far as modifications go, a metal shield, painted black was fabricated to protect the tops of the batteries and cables since they are facing inboard now. I have only been dry camping for 3 days and haven't been able to notice any real difference in comparison to the 12 volts that came with it. One of the reasons I went the 6 volt direction was because they are supposed to last twice as long. Hope that is true for what they cost. It does seem like they stay charged longer when it has been parked between travels.
Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to make sure when boondocking we aren't going to be having to run the generator "too" frequently just to charge the batteries. We are looking at putting some solar panels on top to help.
Mo_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:51 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
slomarsh's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3 2017
State: California
Posts: 12
Are you are looking to install a cut off for the engine battery. If so, I installed a "knife" style there on the negative side. Very easy install. It clamps onto the negative terminal and the other end has a post for the battery clamp you remove from the post.
Got it a Pep boys $22 Sorry, no pic yet.
I was going to install the removable knob style on the house batteries until I discovered the 100amp breaker as I mention in previous post. So far so good.
__________________

slomarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



ThorForums.com is not in any way associated with Thor Industries or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2