Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Just watching...
No longer have a dawg in this bone fight....

Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottendan View Post
Edit above next to last word with should have been worth.
I'll not ever buy a new coach again. A 3 year old one should have the wiring fixed, loose grounds repaired, plumbing leaks fixed, vibrations in water lines tightened up, and leaking caulk seams caulked properly.
And when the drawer won't close and closet doors are crooked and driver seat is off center and crooked I will smile and remember that I saved $30,000
DING, DING, DING! We have a winner! I try to remember that any time we have an issue. The original owners purchased ours 10 months before we bought from them. They had several issues addressed during their ownership, then we purchased it for roughly 40k less.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #43

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Why do people buy or keep RVs that make them unhappy? This is a recreational activity but some posters here are incredibly angry people. If you buy a whole house on wheels for the price of a nice pickup truck you have to know it’s going to be pretty cheaply made.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:50 PM   #44
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Why do people buy or keep RVs that make them unhappy? This is a recreational activity but some posters here are incredibly angry people. If you buy a whole house on wheels for the price of a nice pickup truck you have to know it’s going to be pretty cheaply made.
And that was our justification for buying our class A instead of a new tow vehicle. So far, we are happy with that decision despite some of the QC issues. But we would have to address QC issues in any new RV these days.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #45

Model: Four Winds 26B
THOR #6414
Quote:
And here in lies the problem. Low expectations. My nice pickup is just that.. a nice pickup. And it's not cheaply made. My inexpensive 2000 Starcraft traveled 73,000 miles around the country on a stick frame and tin sides and was a quality inexpensive product. It was in better shape when I sold it than my 2018 was when it came off the assembly line. #ThorLacksIntegrity Poor quality should not be an expectation or acceptable.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #46

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Thor wants to make sure you have something to do at your next stop so that you don't get bored just sitting around or site seeing etc. Also, think of the sense of accomplishment you are rewarded with when you find and fix all those leaks, elect. problems, use a bag or two of wire ties for that loose wiring under the coach, vacuum the wood chips out of the furnace and find out how to turn down the dump connection. May have missed a couple of features.
Ducking and running.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #47

State: Alaska
THOR #7980
Quote:
This POS Thor is the biggest most expensive thing I have ever purchased. It is my home. I have the skills to repair everything that breaks. Now the slide out needs repair and parts under warranty, can I fix it, yes, but why is it broken? Will it stay fixed for 20 years? Thor chose Lippert hardware knowing it is not up to task. Thor chose Seiki tvs. Thor chose to put in cheap MSW inverter that can damage sensitive electronics
Thor chose the wrong chassis for the weight put on it. Trade it in you say! $$$$$$! $!!!!! I don't have. I guarantee I am not alone. I have met a bunch of people doing the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
DING, DING, DING! We have a winner! I try to remember that any time we have an issue. The original owners purchased ours 10 months before we bought from them. They had several issues addressed during their ownership, then we purchased it for roughly 40k less.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:11 PM   #48

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
You can buy a lawn mower at Walmart for $100 or you can buy a similar size push mower from John Deere for $500. If you buy the Walmart mower you give up the right to complain that it’s not a John Deere.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #49

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
THIS IS A REPOST: We own a Thor Miramar (2016 34.4) and love it. Sure we've had some issues but all have been resolved and no more than you'd have if you built a new house. I think it is wrong to tell people not to buy Thor products. The problem is industry wide...not just one brand. Actually I think the problem is a generational thing with work ethic/pride being lost in recent years. The only way to resolve this is to have "one on one" supervision which isn't cost effective or to automate like the auto industry.

That is why the auto industry automated years ago. Now they make excellent vehicles even at the lower end of the price spectrum.

As long as RV's are stick built, like a house, quality will be an issue.

Check out Newell Coach in Oklahoma. They are an example of what can be done with quality control through constant supervision. They build one coach at a time and each phase is reviewed in the process. Labor costs are huge but it doesn't matter when you're building a coach customers are willing to pay $2,000,000 for.

Honestly it's kind of like shopping at a convenience store and complaining about prices or going to Walmart and complaining about waiting in line. It is their business model and has become exasperated by the work ethic of recent generation.

ENJOY YOUR RV...LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE SO ANGRY!
Put things in perspective...
Old 01-14-2018, 01:42 AM   #50

State: North Carolina
THOR #7950
Repair rv

I have had the same problem. I brought a.new 2018 Thor aria in may. It has been in the shop warranty work 3 months going on 4 months. I called Thor and ask if they would extend my warranty a little. No way that was my problem for being a Thor rv.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #51

State: England
THOR #18568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springn Springers View Post
Other issues like inverter, broken slide etc have been dealt with & I am happy with the repairs so except for my concern about quantity of issues & quality of workmanship they are in the past.

I think I have got the fridge situation worked out.

The temp sensor error has to do with the interior temp of the coach & setting temperature controls for the furnace/a.c..

This weekend I was plugged into electric.

I was raised tent camping & as an adult have had trailers. My last one was 23', new & quite nice but I only used the shower once, the water heater only a couple of times, heated a kettle of water for coffee & used the rest to wash dishes. But I was also able to do most care & maintenance myself. I can't seem to do anything myself so far on the motorhome.

So this last weekend, I didn't use the tv or hot water heater. I ran the front functioning heat at night but because I was in a horse arena all day turned it off completely during the day.

I still have minimalist tendencies but this is the compromise with my city boy husband. [emoji15] [emoji1]
HI - we've a Synergy 24SS currently sat on the drive in the sunny UK with the same error message showing on the display about an internal temp senor - did you resolve the problem? We are a LONG way from a dealer so any help appreciated so that i can try and fix. Thanks
Old 04-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #52
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Have you tried calling Thor's Customer Service number?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote