Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
vrodgirl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Fun Mover
State: California
THOR #11437
Unhappy 2002 four winds fun mover won't start

Good morning! I recently joined this forum after using it to read about my RV a 2002 Four Winds Fun Mover. Since February I have been trying without success to get it to start. Because I am a volunteer for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers and live in a campground that's quite a distance from the nearest town I've been attempting to solve this problem on my own. So far this is what I've done:

1) Replaced the main battery
2) Replaced the solenoid located on the firewall by the driver's side of the engine compartment.

This 2nd repair was made on the advice of a mobile mechanic that charged me an outrageous amount to come out, go underneath the engine and bypass the starter to start it one time! I replaced that part with the help of a friend that has mechanical abilities and it still won't start.

Do I need to replace the starter itself? I've been given the name of another mobile mechanic to contact but am determined to have a bit more knowledge of what's going on before I hire him.

Also, is it possible for me to do what the first guy did and bypass the starter so I can move my RV down to a lower RV area in the park until I get an appointment? This location has been approved by the Army and will get me closer to Park Headquarters and my volunteer position. If I can ask a maintenance person to get it started temporarily until it's repaired it would help a great deal.

My chassis is a 2002 Ford E-450 10 cyl. Commercial Cutaway Super Duty gas engine. I don't suppose this could be a simple fuse problem?

Any help would be appreciated. This has been a 2 month ongoing saga that's way past old and very frustrating.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum