Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #20
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
There are pluses to both Class A and C.

I prefer the higher class A seating position. Have a buddy that prefers the Super C seating position.

Other things I looked at, just wife and me along with 2 dogs. Buddy has class C same length as mine, I am on 188" wheelbase, his is 158". When we a dragging open race trailers, his get tail wagged.

Find what you like and what you are comfortable living in.

We frequently consider a little bigger but our Vegas has been excellent in both ease of operation and reliability. Between horror stories and extra cost, why bother when I can get Vegas into anywhere I want.

My wife drove the Vegas and a couple class C units and voted for the Vegas. She is very comfortable driving it with or without trailer.

A good inspection/test period prior to signing is important. We spent 4 hours with dealer tech getting all systems rundown. He got a big tip. The dealer is important, you need to be able to depend on them if needed. Our unit has never been back to dealer.

We have had a few issues that I have been able to handle. Watching forum gives insight to potential issues. When people were talking about locks snapping, I left one window unlatched. When ours did break, we were on road and combination of deadbolt and bungee got us home. Took 3 minutes to open door from inside.

We lost power supply in converter. Had board drop shipped to farm in NC and installed easily. I carry a spare water pump and a spare tire.

Being proactive on inspections reduces chance of on road disapointments.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum