Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #8
gzenner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #14859
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenner View Post
Thanks Javelin. I have a compressor, so will try these ideas tomorrow morning. Thanks again!
Hi Javelin, All. This has turned out to be a pump issue. Originally was thinking a water flow blockage on the inlet side. I removed the tubing from the inlet side and using a compressor, blew water into the tank. Heard the gurgling sound from the fresh water tank. Drained and refilled FWT. Even after running pump, still no water to inlet side. Started to think, maybe a pump issue and its not pulling water through. Tried priming by mouth manually, still no water. Then used a vacuum to prime inlet side and got good water flow to the pump. Again tried pump, it ran, but no water coming from outlet side of pump. Since under warranty, will just take it to a dealer to get repaired/replaced.

Here is what I missed in the process: I thought gravity would naturally provide flowing water to the inlet side. Didn't realize there needed to be suction to get it flowing [emoji849]

Thanks Javelin for your input!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum