Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:58 PM   #4
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
I did this on my coach and it works well, except you will need a large enough set of coach batteries to keep it fed.

The Norcold will eat up 30 amps an hour, every hour. Run it off the batteries for 24 hours and you have effectively eaten up 720 AMPs of battery power. That's a bigger hit than most of us can take.

And don't forget the overhead of running an inverter all that time. Mine eats up 5 amps an hour, so that's another 120 amps.
With the switch you could easily turn Battery on/off ,and with AGS it would fire up generator automatically if battery power got to low.

Your response made me add a 5th question.

5) If you have unit with Outdoor kitchen (small refrigerator and small sink)... how practical or valuable is that for you? I am trying to rationalize when I may actually use and if I will need to move drinks in and out of the house to go outside? I don't know if you actually leave on all the time even while driving? I guess if you stop to get gas you could go get a cold coke without having to go back in the coach?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum