Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Houston..... we have solar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
"Thor put a useless sewer hose storage pipe on the 29H next to the bin with the transfer switch and shore power cable. The opening is too small for a sewer hose with the connections so I already installed a Valterra hose carrier under the rig so I can keep the hose out of the storage bin. "

Where'd you put the carrier? I added mine at the rear of the rig, and used the hitch framework as my anchor for it.

That useless tube might come in handy for storing fishing poles...

Here is my sewer hose storage install. I bought two of the Valterra storage systems so I could extend it the entire width of the coach so I’d have a door on each side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3196.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	410.7 KB
ID:	18131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3199.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	18132

I also removed the pipe between the black and grey tank because it was so
low I knew it was going to get ripped off some day. I put a separate drain for the black tank on the passenger side so it’s nice that I can access the sewer hose from either side of the coach. The down side is I have two separate hook ups but I don’t have to worry about fixing later once it eventually got torn off from hitting a speed bump or something.

Name:	IMG_3200.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	18134

For those that haven’t see it, here is Thor’s attempt of hose storage.

Name:	IMG_3198.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	18133

While camping last weekend I saw a Four Winds that was almost identical to the layout of my Outlaw and it had the shore power RV/Marine receptacle in the same general area.

The light bulb in my head went off and said.... I can do the same thing using the Thor hose storage door since it is right next to where the transfer switch is and then I won’t have to feed the shore power cable in and out of the storage bin through the little hole in the bin.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum