Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
I like what you did, but the DW would need a detailed instruction book on use protocols, lol.
Now to figure what it cost for the free, plus your time, I am not enough of an electrical engineer to get this much figured out in a timely manner.
Nice.
I'd say the whole project was about 2 to 3 hours of work overall. The hardest part was removing the old Inverter and mounting the new one because it was in the storage comparment and needed to be more flexible than I am..... LOL

The cost of the Inverter, breaker and some Romex was about $600. I am going to sell the stock Inverter so if I get $100 - $150 for it the material costs will be $500.

I'm not an electrical engineer but know enough about working with electrical circuits.

I hear you on the DW..... I handle all the technical stuff so when my DW tells me she wants to use her crock pot while we are driving so dinner will be ready when we get to where we're going.... I'll just make that magic happen! LOL

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum