Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
Metalgator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Still fighting water leak

I have been fighting a water leak in my 2018 Miramar for some time now. I have had it back to the dealer twice now and it still leaks. I just took it back for the 3rd time and the dealer said it rained for two hours and they can't find the leak. They say there is nothing they can do since they can't make it leak. The problem is, it doesn't leak every time it rains. Plus, the leak is "delayed". We were at a RV park a couple of weeks ago for two nights. Both nights we had a heavy rain. The first night, no leak. The 2nd night, I didn't think it was leaking but when we got up to leave the next morning, the window was leaking. When it leaks, it always seem to be a delayed reaction. It's like is is weeping in slowly somewhere and then will finally start trickling down the window from the inside top of the window frame. There is nothing obvious on the outside that looks like it needs to be caulked or repaired. Also, it only seems to leak when the slide is extended. The window is on our dinette slide. The only time it has rained with the slide in is when we are driving and I haven't had an issue. I keep the motor home stored in an enclosed garage so it's only in the elements when the RV is in use. Any ideas on where to check for leaks? I have posted several pictures below.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum