Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 04:48 AM   #1295
Dennis123

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TK
State: Indiana
THOR #10919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kennedy View Post
Hello _ i know i've previously read similar posts regarding the -

1) sun roof (shade) bezel drooping, but darned if I can locate a fix. We're 3 years in, and while it's never been tight, it's always held - but those day are over. Hanging by a thread. Is it just a matter of tightening the mounting - I can feel what might be a screw on the one corner hanging loose, but cant seem to find where it goes. Do i need to take the whole thing down - anyone have pictures? suggestions?

2) bed unfolding while driving. I can foresee perhaps a compression rods across the width, but was wondering if someone had a better idea?

3) havent seen any posts on this, but have had upper cabinets pop open while driving a couple times. anyone have clever latching ideas?

thanks in advance
I posted about the bezel hanging down on one corner last spring. I gave up on finding a way to repair an apparent screw that had come lose in one corner as I did not want to risk making the problem worse. Fix was adding a small decorative screw near the corner where I could tell the new screw had something to grab onto. The extra screw is hardly noticeable and has been holding through many trips. Pretty much forgot about it until seeing this post. Have not had any other issues with the rig since fixing this problem. Determined that the last annoying driving rattle was a lose bottom panel on the screen door and took care of that with a bead of clear caulking. Have not had an issue with the top cabinets opening while driving, but early on a couple of the drawers were opening. Turned out to be a simple fix by adjusting the latches. I have come to the realization that sometimes trying to make the perfect fix is not always the safe way to go when you see that you can make an issue worse than it is and adding a screw here or there to fix a problem is often the best solution.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum