Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 10:22 PM   #19
Pabs4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Congrats and Welcome!

Welcome to this forum! My husband and I are also newbies. We purchased our first RV in March 2019. Searching topics on this forum and merely reading through posts have been invaluable for us. I truly don’t think we could have managed nearly as well as we have without the knowledge shared by these fellow owners. I hope you love your Vegas as much as my husband and I love ours!

You were so right to have a steering stabilizer installed. We did the same, even though our salesman and dealership also told us it wasn’t necessary. Our initial trip home from the dealership was tough. We had to travel I-10 from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Beaumont, Texas. Even with the stabilizer my husband was fighting the wheel due to wind and 18 wheelers. Our Vegas also pulled to the left. We immediately scheduled an appointment with our local Frame and Front End shop. They did an alignment and adjusted casters? It drove better but was then pulling to the right. I read more on this forum and we decided to have our local shop add a rear trac bar. They also adjusted things to get rid of the pull to the right. It’s like driving a completely different vehicle now! You can let go of the wheel on a smooth road and it doesn’t pull at all. Now when most 18 wheelers pass us, we hardly feel any effect.

We just returned from our final trip to our dealership in Baton Rouge to have some warranty work completed. It’s our final trip there because the traffic is horrendous in Baton Rouge. It’s really bad. We will find someplace in Texas that can do warranty work if we find the need. While driving home my husband and I were remembering how tough the initial trip home was. Just so you know, I also drive our Vegas. Every dollar we spent on stabilizing the way it drives was worth it. If it still handled the same way it did when we first brought it home, I would not be driving it. It truly made a difference.

Enjoy your new RV and don’t hesitate to ask the experienced people on this forum for help. They are awesome!!

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum