Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor or Jayco?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well, you get what you pay for...

....cut....
Yeah, except we often get more of what we don't want and less of what we do want. In my opinion it's not a black and white issue.

As an example (realizing I've stated this opinion before in other similar threads), I'd personally trade size for greater quality. Given a certain budget, I would give up size for simplicity and higher-end components made to a higher standard. A smaller motorhome perhaps could have fewer and/or smaller windows of higher quality, maybe a high-end single air conditioner rather than two cheap ones, a lower-capacity battery charger that is multi-stage, etc... The tradeoffs are endless.

The problem I see is that buyers continue to choose lots of content and a cheaper price, which unintentionally drives quality down. And by indirectly choosing cheap over quality it forces manufacturers to compete on that level. So it appears to me that we get what we "collectively" keep choosing to buy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum