Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #8
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I just added a 256 GB iPad Pro 9.7 (wireless + cellular) to my arsenal of teleworking tools. I have it connected through a VPN and installed Office 365 which includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as access to One Drive for cloud storage. I also have the AiO Remote app so the iPad (and iPhones) can print/scan to/from my HP printer.

I have been to two campgrounds where I would say I had issues with teleworking. One was 4 Paws Kingdom and they specifically state that high bandwidth users will be throttled back or disconnected so no streaming of movies etc... on their system. The other was Fort Wilderness where you had to get a modem from the outpost to connect into their WiFi. At Fort Wilderness we were on the modem waiting list until the night before we left.

I also have a Verizon MiFi which has served me well in campgrounds with weak WiFi and at Fort Wilderness. Neither my client's furnished laptop (allowing access to their VPN) nor my wife's Surface Pro are cellular capable so the MiFi comes in handy for those devices. I prefer using the MiFi rather than setting our iPhones as hot spots.

This website is a good source for information related to RV Mobile Internet access.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum