Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Coach batteries
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 03:21 AM   #15
samven

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
I had a GPS unit that was left plugged in that killed my chassis battery but that was for weeks and in the winter. Do you have a long drive to your camping spot. I ask because if you are only making short trips after the RV has sat awhile it may not be charging the battery fully and after several trips with the battery going down a little each time you hit critical voltage. I dont know how your unit is set up but being on shore power or the generator running does not charge the chassis battery just the house on mine. I now have one of those 5 watt solar maintainers that suction cups to the side window and plugs into the cigar lighter just to offset the normal drain of the computer and internal discharge.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum