Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #46
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Possible source of noise?

I'm reviving this post that I posted to and followed for awhile to add a bit of newly discovered information...at least to me.

Several folks posted here that their banging noises might be caused by the slide mechanisms or the protective awning that covers the top of the slide.

I think you're all on to something here. We spent a few nights at a very remote RV park in NM where the winds were simply awful. We thought stuff was going to be ripped off of our coach during the night. With a couple particularly bad gusts we heard the same banging noise we would hear occasionally while on the road.

Hubby went out in the nastiness to see what he could see and determined that the wind was buffeting the protective awning that covers the slide. There seems to be a fair amount of play in there, causing the bumping, banging sound.

We're in the process of searching for a possible "padding" option for when we are stationary and if the winds pick up...not sure what can be done while on the move.

We have a 2016 Hurricane 27K.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum