Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
One thing about expansion foam, make sure you leave an adequate air vent or void for the foam to expand. Otherwise, the foam could "bloat" the wall, causing it to push the wall out.

Unfortunately, I do have some experience in that. Not in a RV, but one time I built a small boat and wanted to fill it with foam for buoyancy. I used expanding foam and it blew out the sides of the plywood hull... as I overfilled it, and there was not enough strength in the structure to keep the foam from expanding the sides of the hull.

Perhaps by using just a bit of foam at a time and see how much it expands, you could probably control how much the foam so that it does not push out on the walls - which of course are thin.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum