Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
groswald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
I had that problem with the pot drawer. When I got in there I found that there were no screws in the back, none, zip, zilch, nada. Not that they pulled out, they were never there. No screw-holes at all.

I think you'll find the slides aren't bad when properly installed. But, you will have to add some "meat" whatever you do. If your coach is like ours the face frames are MDF. Once the mounting screw pulls out it will never hold again.

I glued and screwed 3/4 ply doublers to the back side of the face frame and attached the front of each slide to that. The back ends were already ply, and pristine, so no real issues there.

It was 4 hour job to get it right, and I theoretically know what I'm doing. Used up all my bad words for the next few years too.

Randy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum