Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #16
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Joe,
When we had the DP, it had a 9 liter diesel, and virtually did not even notice the car back there. There was zero difference in performance, up hill, downhill, didn't matter, and the mileage was a consistent 6.5 with or without the car back there. Now with the Gemini, its a completely different world. I can tow with the 3.0 liter diesel, but its certainly noticeable. I frankly am not comfortable towing any distance, and not over any major mountain passes, but we knew this would be the case when we downsized. In your case if you could flat tow and get down to that 1600 pounds, I would think it would make a big difference for you. I personally don't care for dolly towing, but certainly there are lots of folks that do, and there are many arguments pro and con for both methods. All a matter of personal choice. I'm familiar with the Ford V10, and it is an engine to loves to rev high RPM's, which seems to not harm it in the least. Its just noisy especially on grades. I frankly loved the pusher, because that diesel engine was 40 feet behind us, and you virtually couldn't hear it, or barely could. The 3.0 diesel in the Mercedes chassis, is still pretty quiet, though you can hear more of it, not objectionable though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum