Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Products
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #25
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Out of curiosity, is there anything in Thor's warranty about only covering roof leaks for 90 days?

Yes, I think that was in my Freedom Elite warranty material. I believe they consider sealants to be "maintenance items" and therefore our responsibility. FWIW, and especially for newcomers here, I recommend that you take this to heart. Many years ago when I bought my first (used) RV I did not realize that roof inspection and maintenance was "a thing". Inside of my first year I had significant water intrusion and mold. Very bad. To be sure, it was a well used machine and likely already had issues but I didn't know to check so I take full responsibility. I'd say at least 2 or 3 times a year you (or a good service tech) should physically go up on the roof and "walk" the whole thing (on your hands and knees!). First wash it, then, after it dries, go again with the correct self leveling sealant in hand (NOT silicone) and address any suspicious spots. Dealers don't often explain this responsibility to first time buyers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum