Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 01:29 AM   #1
Briarcrk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1778
Generator no start Four Winds 22E

We have had our 2015 Four Winds 22E for 3 weeks now, took it dry camping during the first week. We started the generator and it ran for maybe 3 min and died with no restart. We had just filled the tank so it wasn't the 1/4 tank no start. After returning home I opened the generator up, took off the air cleaner and sprayed starting fluid into the carb. The generator started and ran as long as I kept spraying. So, I tested the fuel pump by disconnecting the inlet, adding a hose and drawing from a gas can on the ground the unit started and ran constantly, until a chose to shut it down. I traced the fuel line as far back as the top of the fuel tank, but could not feel or see where it enters the fuel tank.

Has anyone ran across this? What was the result?

Thanks.

Briarcrk

P.S. Onan warrantee service will not touch it if the problem is with the Motor Home.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum