Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2021, 09:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Things Thor Should do Differently on my new Axis 24.1

I have almost brought my new Axis up to the condition Thor should have built it as. Here are some of my successes and some lack of success so far:

Successes:

Rewired the BIM 160 (battery isolator/combiner) to make the chassis battery terminal A. Radically improved chassis alternator charging. Thor's schematic shows it wrong, and Precision Circuits apparently thinks it doesn't matter. Believe me it does and Judge will vouch for me.

Replaced the WFCO 9855 converter charger with a Progressive Dynamics PD9260, a true 3 stage charger that has dramatically increased charging particularly at 75% SOC and above.

Removed a tiny flow restrictor in the shower head to get enough flow to trigger the Girard water heater on.

Glued the bezel in place on the Axxera display that kept popping off and dropping the display down. That whole display support is a POS. It doesn't work and looks tacked on, well it is tacked on now with some epoxy.

Straightened kinked pump suction tubing on the fresh water system and tightened several leaks.

Still struggling with the following:

No power to the two cigarette lighter outlets below the Axxera display.

The BMPro shuts down the water pump for no reason while still showing it on. Turning it off and back on works. Similar situation with the slide retraction- it stops half way and I have to extend it in and out to get it to come in.

Is this a BMPro glitch or a wiring problem. Don't know and will keep checking.

Couch back is too upright. I am going to replace the hinges with wider ones to let the couch lay back more. There is 4-6" of room to lay back more. It should be much more comfortable after I fix it.

Have gotten "Service Advance Trac" message twice now over some 2,000 miles. Some think it is because the steering wheel was installed off kilter. I am considering a front end alignment to add some more caster and get the steering wheel straightened. This is a developing problem.

Things that work as they should:

Absorption refrigerator
Air Conditioner
Furnace
Girard water heater- mow that I have sufficient shower flow
Sirius radio
Back up and right and left cameras
Lights- there sure are a lot of them! Well one of them was wired wrong, but I don't see an easy fix.
New Ford V8 gets 12 MPG. Wow!

Fortunately more systems work right than work wrong and I am slowly righting the wrongs.

David

Old 05-13-2021, 10:27 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I updated the bmpro software takes 25 minutes and all my issues fixed. So far

"BMPro shuts down the water pump for no reason while still showing it on. Turning it off and back on works. Similar situation with the slide retraction- it stops half way and I have to extend it in and out to get it to come in.

Is this a BMPro glitch or a wiring problem. Don't know and will keep checking."
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:28 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Also put your bmpro to S1 and try the slide.
Also see if your app works ..if so it is the Controller
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote