RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2021, 04:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
2021 Thor ACE 33.1 - Low Point Drain Valve

Anyone have an idea on where the low point drain valve on the 2021 Thor ACE 33.1 (or any same models)? I downloaded the schematic plan for the plumbing from the THOR owner site (specific to 33.1). The diagram showed where the location of the bypass valve (behind the water heater). Though I can't see it. So where do I access that???

For the low point drain valve, it is NOT shown anywhere on the diagram (pages 19-22). I crawled underneath and look around. I did not see any blue/red/white hose that may resemble low point drain line.

Any idea?

Old 01-26-2021, 05:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
the WH bypass/winterizing valves and low point drains are maintenance items so they are not as accessible as water faucet valves.

On your model I suspect you have to remove the drawers below the TV in the bedroom or the drawers & panels below the wardrobe to access the WH valves.

I suspect your FW tank is below the wardrobe as well as the tank drain valve.

Low point drains are usually where the water pump is located, maybe in the wet bay? Look for pull-ring valves to drain the lines.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #3

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
Anyone have an idea on where the low point drain valve on the 2021 Thor ACE 33.1 (or any same models)? I downloaded the schematic plan for the plumbing from the THOR owner site (specific to 33.1). The diagram showed where the location of the bypass valve (behind the water heater). Though I can't see it. So where do I access that???

For the low point drain valve, it is NOT shown anywhere on the diagram (pages 19-22). I crawled underneath and look around. I did not see any blue/red/white hose that may resemble low point drain line.

Any idea?
You are looking for2 low-point drain valves. 1 hot and 1 cold. You are looking for 2 FW tank drains. 1 main tank drain and 1 overflow/vent line. For the bypass valve, you must remove some sort of panel behind the WH. By-pass vales will be 1, 2, or 3 valves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bypasskit2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	28245

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV WH 2 valve bypass.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	28246
Old 01-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Most likely the low point drains the will be under the sinks or near the water heater. In my coach they are under the sink in the outside kitchen which is beside the water heater.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:55 AM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #20774
>> This thread << might help you out ...