Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-12-2023, 01:43 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
Posts: 289
THOR #28393
Good point...can't tell from looking ....saw no brand name... who the manufacturer is but I will toss that question to Thor.

__________________
Rvman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:28 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
Posts: 289
THOR #28393
What problems over a 15 dollar wet bay faucet.

Recall General RV installed the replacement yesterday and it also leaks. Their Tech said this is by design for pressure relief to the shower hose.

I spoke with Thor and they did not agree with GRV that the faucet should leak.

Thor provided additional details in that the supplier is James Carter and Associates, and the part is 08263.

I spoke with JCA and they said their faucets don't leak by design!

Thor sending another faucet and hose this time for round 3.

Does anyone have this faucet and have leakage issues..see photo.Click image for larger version

Name:	20221226_150617_resized_1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	40546
__________________
Rvman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:47 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
MJC62's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
Posts: 1,882
THOR #14698
I am afraid to jinx my own faucet! Have same one on our 2018 ACE no leaks.
__________________
2018 ACE 27.2
Toad 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain Towbar
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 03:44 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
Posts: 289
THOR #28393
Reply from Dave Carter & Associates is that the faucet should be installed with the vacuum breaker facing up....not down to work properly.

As such the faucet should be flipped and reinstalled.
__________________
Rvman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:45 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 5,641
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
Quoting General RV....

I did find the water is coming from the hose inlet for the sprayer hose which is by DESIGN.
They might be confusing with a RV shower fixture that is designed to slow leak when the push toggle is pushed into intended temporary off position? It leaks; so the crazies don't try to use that lever to turn shower on/off.

I think you have different issue and your fixture is bad, I would just replace with a higher quality one. i.e. When I first bought our RV we use to get zapped with cold water when we use that shower lever on the sprayer trying to conserve water. People told us all kinds of things from buying some special part to that it was impossible to fix due to inbound pressures of hot & cold water. I found a very nice single lever hot/cold shower fixture may for RVs for $29 from the Jungle Store. It was regular $64. Took me $20 minutes to install and we have not been zapped with cold water since. Quality and appearance 100X better

Go buy a new fixture and your life sanity will improve.
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:57 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
Posts: 289
THOR #28393
You make a good point...I actually looked at some better fixtures today at Camping World to get an idea.
__________________
Rvman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:00 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 5,641
THOR #13058
This is the exact one I bought several years ago.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It may be too fancy for an outdoor shower? I bet I still have my original OEM that had both knobs. I hated that fixture anyway trying to adjust the water temp to exactly how we wanted. I just set at 7:00 Position and fully lift the lever for perfectly warm heated shower every time. Pressing the slide stop lever does not impact temperature.

This is the one that may best replace for outdoor shower?
https://www.amazon.com/HowPlumb-Mobi..._t1_B08YP58T6J

One other thing I forgot... it has a vacuum breaker designed to prevent backflow and water contamination back into the tank.

We don't have a outdoor shower, but we have an outdoor kitchen sink. I have an adapter that connects the old OEM shower sprayer head, and even my fresh water hose. The pressure was not all that great for full water hose, but I have washed the front of coach to get bugs off with warm water while on the road

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210423_205741 rotate.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	40552   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210914_211805.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	40553  

__________________
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 03:42 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
Posts: 289
THOR #28393
Thanks for the recommendations.
__________________
Rvman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:58 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Bill Johnson's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 1,266
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
Checking RV today in advance of cold Temps in 20's expected tonight.

The outside shower in wet bay serves as our low point drain. First time we used it as coach is still new.

When we turned on the hot and cold faucets water leaked out from the top where the riser connects to the hot and cold valve section piece.

See photo image.

Seems like it is coming from above the T connection.

Any thoughts on quick fix or another 100 mile RT excursion to General RV Ocala.Attachment 40433
I didn't read all the other posts but mine is like a vacuum break. I can't check it till spring because we're winterized
__________________
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:35 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
Posts: 2,447
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
This is the exact one I bought several years ago.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It may be too fancy for an outdoor shower? I bet I still have my original OEM that had both knobs. I hated that fixture anyway trying to adjust the water temp to exactly how we wanted. I just set at 7:00 Position and fully lift the lever for perfectly warm heated shower every time. Pressing the slide stop lever does not impact temperature.

This is the one that may best replace for outdoor shower?
https://www.amazon.com/HowPlumb-Mobi..._t1_B08YP58T6J

One other thing I forgot... it has a vacuum breaker designed to prevent backflow and water contamination back into the tank.

We don't have a outdoor shower, but we have an outdoor kitchen sink. I have an adapter that connects the old OEM shower sprayer head, and even my fresh water hose. The pressure was not all that great for full water hose, but I have washed the front of coach to get bugs off with warm water while on the road

Good luck.
How do you get the pictures to post right side up? Mine turn out sideways.
__________________
Jimbo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 03:06 PM   #31
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 8,776
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
How do you get the pictures to post right side up? Mine turn out sideways.
Do a minor edit on the picture and save it. After posting it should appear in the correct orientation
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 03:57 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Bill Johnson's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 1,266
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
What problems over a 15 dollar wet bay faucet.

Recall General RV installed the replacement yesterday and it also leaks. Their Tech said this is by design for pressure relief to the shower hose.

I spoke with Thor and they did not agree with GRV that the faucet should leak.

Thor provided additional details in that the supplier is James Carter and Associates, and the part is 08263.

I spoke with JCA and they said their faucets don't leak by design!

Thor sending another faucet and hose this time for round 3.

Does anyone have this faucet and have leakage issues..see photo.Attachment 40546
I think this might work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vacuum break.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	40689  
__________________
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:22 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
Posts: 289
THOR #28393
I bought one of those but it will not work as the VB on the cheap faucet Thor supplied is actually molded into the faucet...does not screw off. I contacted Dave Carter & Associates the faucet supplier and they said the faucet should be installed with the VB pointing up..not down..headed back to dealer 1.31 23.
__________________
Rvman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 01:31 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 5,641
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
How do you get the pictures to post right side up? Mine turn out sideways.
That is why I put the RV Port under a tree. If you can hang upside down or at the perfect right angle the pictures come out right side up every time

But let's suppose someone sends me a picture or I do have one and it does not display on this forum correctly? I open in Microsoft Photos as if I was going to edit, I then save the picture ( I like to rename by adding _rotate on the end so I know I have done this)

I think it is failure that the forum(s) do not not have a simple rotate feature when you see it in Preview to correct. Instead, they will likely lecture about how the forum software is correct and it is Apple and Samsung that don't know what the hell they are doing
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 01:33 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 5,641
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
I bought one of those but it will not work as the VB on the cheap faucet Thor supplied is actually molded into the faucet...does not screw off. I contacted Dave Carter & Associates the faucet supplier and they said the faucet should be installed with the VB pointing up..not down..headed back to dealer 1.31 23.

Have you tried rotating the picture 180 degrees and see what they say? May save you a trip

Note: See picture above where mine is down too.
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 02:48 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
Posts: 289
THOR #28393
I recognized that also. It may just be the faucet is junk....so I may end up with a new one...different brand...maybe like yours.

Just wish they made these things easy to change out.
__________________
Rvman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 05:38 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Bill Johnson's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 1,266
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
I recognized that also. It may just be the faucet is junk....so I may end up with a new one...different brand...maybe like yours.

Just wish they made these things easy to change out.
If you bring it to Illinois for about an hour the leak will stop, It's suppose to be -8 soon
__________________
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:58 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 5,641
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
If you bring it to Illinois for about an hour the leak will stop, It's suppose to be -8 soon

Any yet an another advantage of NOT using the pink stuff on the fresh water supply side
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:07 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Bill Johnson's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
Posts: 1,266
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Any yet an another advantage of NOT using the pink stuff on the fresh water supply side
Right, we see all the videos of PEX freezing and have no problem
__________________
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2