Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2021, 01:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #21217
Multiplex G12 diagnostic screen

Good day All. My question for anyone’s experience is on the multiplex screen. Specifically the diagnostic G12 screen. Mira touch/Firefly manufacturer. This screen shows me with green LED lights everything that is on in the RV. Lights fans etc.
On my 2021 Hurricane 29M, when battery power is on, ignition is off, the green light for the emergency brake is always on, despite the fact that the E brake is not being used. When ignition is on, the light goes out. When I then engage E brake, the LED light goes on...as i would except it too. But when just having the battery on (so one could see the multiplex to begin with) the emergency brake LED indicator light stays on despite the E brake not being on. I’m concerned something is shorting somewhere that is causing this light to remain on even though the brake is not engaged. Does anyone else with this year coach have this light on in the same manner? Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Nancy

Old 02-14-2021, 04:33 AM   #2

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
I am not sure i understand your question. If you are parked, especially if you are leveled, the parking brake has to be engaged. An alarm will sound if you take the brake off.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:51 PM   #3

THOR #21217
Multiplex G12 diagnostic

Good morning,
I am parked just at my home for example. The brake is not on. Engine is not on. Im basically just in storage mode. In order to turn on a light in the coach and see the multiplex screen I turn the battery on when I come into the coach. G12 diagnostic LED light shows the emergency brake to be on. It is not though. I have not engaged the brake. All other LED indicator lights go on or off depending on what I’m using, but the E brake light always just stays on regardless. The brake is not engaged but the indicator LED shows that it is getting the signal that it is.
Thank you for suggestions on what is causing this.
Nancy
Old 02-15-2021, 01:41 AM   #4

THOR #19102
I could be way off here, so I would check with firefly, but I think that screen shows communication with the sensor and not that the brake is on or off. Again, call firefly and ask. They will know for sure.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:46 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
I would 1st make sure your firefly is up to date with safety recall.

Just checked our rig, light is on with shore power, released park brake and stayed on also. Didn't fire up rig, boss lady sleeping! Will try in morning.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:55 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
2020 hurricane is G9
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210214_204924.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	28569  
Old 02-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #7

THOR #21217
G12 diagnostic screen

Re. Macdaddy. Your picture with brake light is what I’m talking about too.
I am in the process of having Firefly, Thor and camping world answer this question for me. Firefly and Thor say it’s a problem. Camping world said they just looked at a same year same model on their lot and the light is on in that unit too.
I’m really just wanting all three of these businesses to be on the same page!
I think this is why I’m reaching out to the Thor Forum now. If I get enough feed back from Thor owners stating that their light is always on too, then maybe this is normal. If not a common situation, then I definitely need to keep digging at who’s equipment is not correct here and have it fixed. Thank you for your feed back.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:03 AM   #8

State: Washington
THOR #24132
Rapid cam multiplex

On our touch screen it says temp sensor error. It also say g12 #2 white panel is offline. The a/c, tv does not retract, several lights and tilted bed. Has anybody ever experience this?