Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2020, 11:11 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Hey knucklehead, tell me what you are doing to get 10 mpg out of your 29M. I tow a CR-V with mine and barely get 6 mpg going downhill with a tailwind in neutral.

Me too. SOB but same size and chassis. I’m consistently in the 6’s over three coaches and 25,000 miles. I drive at 65-67 though instead of 63.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:20 AM   #22

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Hey knucklehead, tell me what you are doing to get 10 mpg out of your 29M. I tow a CR-V with mine and barely get 6 mpg going downhill with a tailwind in neutral.
I bought a Scan Gauge and when I travel on flat roads I watched for several trips to see what speed gives the best mileage. It's 63 mph. When I tow my 4000 lb. Volvo it gets 8. But it doesn't matter in the end, "Does It"!?!?
Old 12-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #23

Model: 32N
State: North Carolina
THOR #15896
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakist View Post
Hello All,

Wife and I are looking at a 2016 Windsport 29M class A on Tuesday. Can anyone give me advice good or bad on this unit?

Appreciate your time in helping me as I've never owned an RV before.

Thanks in advance.
We have a 2015 Windsport 31. All in all it has been a good RV. Things I have learned, seal the roof as per tips on this website, storage batteries are a pain and probably need to expect to replace them every 2-3 years. For the most part issues that occur can be repaired by yourself if you are slightly mechanical. We lived in ours for five months earlier this year when our home was being built and it was good enough for us. Good luck!
Old 12-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #24

State: California
THOR #12313
My wife and I purchased a new 2019 Windsport 29M from Tucson Camping World. Overall we have really enjoyed the design and space for the grandchildren.

We have had some issues. On our first warranty checkup at Camping World we provided a list of 38 items needing fixed. In our opinion, manufacturing tends to rush things. Little things like sawdust and screws were everywhere, especially under the couch and bed storage. That was minor but noteworthy. The radio was fried and needed to be replaced. Some items were wired incorrectly. The wire nuts used for the Atwood electric water heater were loose and one attachments melted the plastic cap. The electric steps went out under warranty. Both cab windows hummed loudly when shut. Replaced under warranty. Curtains installed incorrectly. Many other items, but mostly all under warranty and fixed.
We don’t care for the outside kitchen. The refrigerator hums loudly and it’s right next to the bed, making it difficult to sleep for my wife. We just unplug the unit. The step in and out of the shower is a little tricky, but very functional. There is a flaw in manufacturing on the left outside window. The water drips straight down that side window. There’s a little gap where the drain runner sits and it just drains straight down leaving long drain marks outside. I pointed it out but no real solution. It’s not unsafe, it’s just a nuisance.

Overall we love the unit. One has to become your own trouble shooter and repair person. You cannot rely on outside vendors to do timely work. This website is invaluable.

The Ford V10 is plenty powerful enough. The ride is a little stiff but not bad. We upgraded the mattress and it is very comfortable. In really hot weather, the one air conditioning unit is not sufficient.

Before purchasing take your time with the check off list. Check that everything is functional. Don’t rush this part. It’s the most important. Many folks rush this part as they want to get on the road.

I hope this information is helpful. Happy trails.

Kona Tom