Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2022, 06:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
ACE and others dinette cushion storage

For those of you who have Thore motorhomes that have a dedicated cushion than is only used when the dinette is turned into a bed. What do you do with it when the dinette is not in use as a bed? Most will store it in the master closet, like this,

But when the closet is full of clothing that can be a hassle.

I came up with another option. Since there is so much headroom above front area, I added a cargo net to the underside of the bunk and slip the cushion into the net, like this.

You should pull the net as tight as it can go so that the cushion is pulled up to the bottom of the Bunk. I had to add som additional hooks to tighten it up,

I got the net from Amazon, here is a link for the net I got.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IIPP3M8...t_details&th=1

This net has a similar appearance to the netting on the cubies above the drivers and passenger seats so, it does not look out of place.

Fixed images.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 11:47 PM   #2

Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
THOR #28393
On our 2023 ACE 29g the dream dinette converts to a bed with the back cushions filling in the center space above the collapsed table.

As such we have no extra cushions to be stored.

Your mod is interesting and I wonder what else could be stored up there other than that cushion.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:58 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Ontario
THOR #28356
We have a 2016 Thor ACE 30.1 and we store the cushion under the jack knife sofa along with lots of other stuff
Old 12-18-2022, 01:07 AM   #4

THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
On our 2023 ACE 29g the dream dinette converts to a bed with the back cushions filling in the center space above the collapsed table.

As such we have no extra cushions to be stored.

Your mod is interesting and I wonder what else could be stored up there other than that cushion.
That is up to your imagination however it really cannot support much more weight than that cushion. The net I used can be stretched to 60" in the long dimension, I only stretched it to about 56" which is almost sufficient to hold up the cushion. I wish I had stretched it a little more, I installed a few extra hooks on the front and side edges and hook it up over the ladder brackets on the back to pull the cushion all the way up.

Old 12-18-2022, 01:15 AM   #5

THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertoy View Post
We have a 2016 Thor ACE 30.1 and we store the cushion under the jack knife sofa along with lots of other stuff
I tried that but, then it would interfere with the seat belts, and the jackknife opening was a little tight. Putting the cushion there would require two people or at least four hands that I do not have. I could probably wedge it in there but there are sharp edges that can snag the cushion and tear the cushion cover,