Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2021, 04:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #17925
Shower

I have a 2019 Thor Axis and I need to get to the plumbing under the shower. Does anyone know where I can find a video to see how to take the shower apart to get to the plumbing and then put it back together?

Old 09-27-2021, 05:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Meckes View Post
I have a 2019 Thor Axis and I need to get to the plumbing under the shower. Does anyone know where I can find a video to see how to take the shower apart to get to the plumbing and then put it back together?
What model/floorplan Axis?

And you get to the plumbing the same way you get to the floorplan supports which you asked about last month. Did you ever find the access panel?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:40 PM   #3

THOR #17925
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
What model/floorplan Axis?

And you get to the plumbing the same way you get to the floorplan supports which you asked about last month. Did you ever find the access panel?
That must have been someone else. I didn't ask about supports I can see them thru the access panel. my Thor is the 27.7 you walk past the toilet to get in the shower so the shower is behind the toilet. There is an access panel next to the toilet which is small and another small access panel in the bedroom on the other side of the wall. I cannot reach the plumbing from either access panel. When I took to the dealership before they said they had to remove the shower to fix the plumbing. But because the pan is lacking support and the dealership did not think that was a problem the same problem happened again. I would like to add support under myself while the shower is apart.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:23 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Without pictures I can't think of a reason braces can't just be slid in between the shower pan and the floor.
They won't need bolted to the floor.
If you're insecure about them staying in place, some Liquid Nails will act initially as a lubricant and then as a glue.

I'd find a way that didn't involve removing the shower pan.

Pictures and/or diagrams might change my mind.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
That must have been someone else.
Senior moment? Or was your account hacked?

Quote:
I have a 2019 Thor Axis 27.7 and when I am in the shower the shower pan feels very flimsy under my feet and moves up and down with the pressure under my feet. I am only 135 lbs. the plumbing underneath leaked from the factory but was fixed while under warranty. It is leaking again. Does anyone know how to fix this so it will not keep leaking? I don't know how the plumbing will ever stay water tight will so much flexibility. Please help.
Quote:
I clicked on the link but it said page not found. Can you describe or tell me the name of what you used so I can look it up? K.
Quote:
Did you also add supports under your shower pan? Also thank you for the info I will definitely check. Also, my wipers go on when I hit a bump. Ford said it was the wiper motor so I had it replaced. RV repair said it was the wiper switch so begged ford to replace it and still didn't fix it. $695.00 in. I think it is a loose wire somewhere....we will see. K.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #6

THOR #17925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Without pictures I can't think of a reason braces can't just be slid in between the shower pan and the floor.
They won't need bolted to the floor.
If you're insecure about them staying in place, some Liquid Nails will act initially as a lubricant and then as a glue.

I'd find a way that didn't involve removing the shower pan.

Pictures and/or diagrams might change my mind.
I will try that first. K.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #7

Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
THOR #4359
To access my shower drain in my ace, I have a access above the rear tire. having to take that on and off was a pain. I ended up cutting a 4" hole in the side of the shower raised area see arrow in photo below and added a vent cover (see link below).
it allows me access to the drain and allows the air to circulate when camping in the winter
https://ventmastersstore.com/collect...black-bag-of-4
hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	-ace-29-3-.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	33991  
Old 09-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #8

Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
THOR #4359
also our shower pan was flexing added this and no issues since..
https://www.amazon.com/Utoplike-Show...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Old 10-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #9

THOR #17925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemate View Post
also our shower pan was flexing added this and no issues since..
https://www.amazon.com/Utoplike-Show...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Thank You, K.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:24 PM   #10

State: Michigan
THOR #4885
I just did my shower drain in a 2016 31s hurricane. It was hard to find parts that would work. A pipe fitting doesn't fit on the drain it is a standard nut. Do to room I had to use different pairs of channel locks to tighten it. I found a oil filter wrench which looks like a channel locks at wallmart. The name is hy??? tough. It has points for gripping what your turning.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:31 PM   #11

Model: Sprinter four winds
State: Georgia
THOR #14780
Quote:
I would not take the shower apart. With a little work it can be done but you should be able to accomplish what you are trying to do by placing some type of spacers into the access opening. I have reinforced the shower pan on our RVs with heavy styrofoam blocks and another time with blocks of wood both did the job. Good luck with the project.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:37 PM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemate View Post
To access my shower drain in my ace, I have a access above the rear tire. having to take that on and off was a pain. I ended up cutting a 4" hole in the side of the shower raised area see arrow in photo below and added a vent cover (see link below).
it allows me access to the drain and allows the air to circulate when camping in the winter
https://ventmastersstore.com/collect...black-bag-of-4
hope this helps
I think I have the same shower as you have. I was hoping to gain access to the plumbing by removing the doggy drawer......not so. Where exactly is you access panel above the rear tire?
Old 10-11-2021, 09:29 AM   #13

State: North Carolina
THOR #11748
My drain pipe disconnected and I had to go from underneath. It was not easy. I had to use a bore scope and use a hardening tape to fix it. I couldn’t get the pipes to align. I have a 2014 Windsport. Best of luck.