RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
KKV
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
Posts: 32
THOR #20141
Sound bar advice?

2017 ACE 30.2.

Thinking about a sound bar for the exterior TV. Not a lot of clearance at the bottom so curious what brands some of you may have bought and how you mounted it. Another thought would be to leave it in the recess below the TV but of course it would not articulate with the TV.

Lastly, the two exterior speakers arenít terrible but I donít believe they can carry that TV audio? Dedicated to the head unit in the master bedroom?
__________________

__________________
KKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 2,241
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
2017 ACE 30.2.

Thinking about a sound bar for the exterior TV. Not a lot of clearance at the bottom so curious what brands some of you may have bought and how you mounted it. Another thought would be to leave it in the recess below the TV but of course it would not articulate with the TV.

Lastly, the two exterior speakers arenít terrible but I donít believe they can carry that TV audio? Dedicated to the head unit in the master bedroom?
It depends on the model Jensen radio you have in the bedroom. The JWM12 models have an audio input on the back. In some plant 750 coach, the factory ran the cable from the outside TV to the Jensen in the bedroom. You can use the "Jcontrol" app to control the volume or play stored music to the outside speakers. I do recommend you do change the speakers out for a better type. How to set it up is all in the manual <https://www.jensenrvdirect.com/manuals-guides>
__________________

__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
KKV
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
Posts: 32
THOR #20141
My Jensen is JWM1A. The outside TV of course has HDMI to run a DVD from inside. I also see red and white wires connected to audio out from the outside Seiki TV. Wondering if those red and white are in fact connected to the Jensen. Iíll check it out. Thank you
__________________
KKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
KKV
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
Posts: 32
THOR #20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
My Jensen is JWM1A. The outside TV of course has HDMI to run a DVD from inside. I also see red and white wires connected to audio out from the outside Seiki TV. Wondering if those red and white are in fact connected to the Jensen. Iíll check it out. Thank you


AUX2 on the Jensen head unit did indeed play outside TV audio. Good to go.
__________________
KKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #5
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Oregon
Posts: 92
THOR #17449
Picked this up at Best Buy for home office. Nice little speaker
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...?skuId=6346460
__________________
GTM41261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:11 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
Posts: 1,055
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
AUX2 on the Jensen head unit did indeed play outside TV audio. Good to go.
My Jensen is a JWM1A
Aux 2 plays the outdoor (& bedroom) speakers thru the outdoor TV.
The JWM1A has an A/B speaker switch
__________________

__________________
'17 Vegas 24.1
taylorbob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×