Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA MS
State: Washington
THOR #5214
Bedroom fantastic fan

One of the things I wish I'd noticed when ordering our new coach was there wasn't a fantastic fan in the bedroom. Since we boondock quite often I'd really like to have one installed. Does anyone know if there is framing for a bedroom fan since we already have a bedroom air conditioner installed?

ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #2

Model: 41RSSB4
State: South Dakota
THOR #5859
I suggest you turn on one or both of the other two fans and open a window in the bedroom.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
I suggest you turn on one or both of the other two fans and open a window in the bedroom.
That's the ticket!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:31 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewacowboy View Post
One of the things I wish I'd noticed when ordering our new coach was there wasn't a fantastic fan in the bedroom. Since we boondock quite often I'd really like to have one installed. Does anyone know if there is framing for a bedroom fan since we already have a bedroom air conditioner installed?
There is only one roof opening in the bedroom, it can accommodate either a fan or an AC. If you have an AC in the bedroom there is no place for a fan.

If you have a Fantastic fan somewhere else you put it on exhaust and open a window like someone else suggested. Your bathroom probably has on of those dinky fans, replace it with a Fantastic fan, turn it to exhaust along with your other fan and you'll have a Hurricane coming thru your bedroom window! Ask me how I know that!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #5

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
Intersting how the equip units differently. Our 2016 39DBR3 came with exhaust fans in the heads and a Fantastic Fan in the galley and bedroom. Love having one in the bedroom.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #6

Model: 38RSSA
State: Ontario
THOR #5001
Yes you can do it. See my response on the SOITC forum.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #7

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
"There is only one roof opening in the bedroom, it can accommodate either a fan or an AC. If you have an AC in the bedroom there is no place for a fan."

NOT true! I have MAXX air Fans in kitchen area, Toilet and Bedroom. I DO have aC in the bedroom. FYI they have not been Fantastic Fans for a while, they are MaxxAire.

We have had a fan in the bedroom in the last 4 RV's we own. Love the "white noise".
Old 08-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #8

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
"There is only one roof opening in the bedroom, it can accommodate either a fan or an AC. If you have an AC in the bedroom there is no place for a fan."

NOT true! I have MAXX air Fans in kitchen area, Toilet and Bedroom. I DO have aC in the bedroom. FYI they have not been Fantastic Fans for a while, they are MaxxAire.

We have had a fan in the bedroom in the last 4 RV's we own. Love the "white noise".
I stand corrected!

I have owned and been inside numerous motorhome bedrooms over the years and have seen either a fan or an AC, never both in the bedroom. Our last coach had AC in the bedroom with a ceiling fan, but it was a huge bedroom. Our current coach has fans in kitchen and bathroom but only AC in the bedroom.

From what you say there must be cutouts in some coaches for both.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:34 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 31K
State: Florida
THOR #3520
[QUOTE=

.[/QUOTE]

I find separate listings for both on the internet.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca
Old 08-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #10

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaLoca View Post
I find separate listings for both on the internet.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca
The reason is many Dealers don't want to jack up the price of the RV's they order for sale on their lots.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #11

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
The reason is many Dealers don't want to jack up the price of the RV's they order for sale on their lots.
Plus having another hole in the roof just gives it another place to leak.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #12

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
SuperD=Maybe that's because this forum is about DRV 5th wheels and not buses? I've personally had 2 DRV units with fans and a/c in the bedrooms.

Bill
Old 08-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #13

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
SuperD=Maybe that's because this forum is about DRV 5th wheels and not buses? I've personally had 2 DRV units with fans and a/c in the bedrooms.

Bill
Actually this forum is for ALL Thor products, regardless of which sub category you opened it brings you to the same menu, that's why it's so important to list your make & model in your signature so those with like model rvs are able to help.
As for having both fan & ac, on rvs that all acs are ducted, such as your DRV, they can put the ac unit anywhere on the roof they choose, on smaller units it's either ac or vent.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #14

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

Bill
And that's my fault for not looking to see what type of RV was being discussed, I should have paid closer attention instead of just jumping in. My apologies.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #15

State: Texas
THOR #3261
I installed a 12v outlet in my bedroom and use a Fantastic Vent Endless Breeze Fan. I like fans aimed right at me.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #16

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Plus having another hole in the roof just gives it another place to leak.

Never had a leak in any of my RV roofs. Why? Because I re caulk every penetration to MY standards.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #17

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Actually this forum is for ALL Thor products, regardless of which sub category you opened it brings you to the same menu, that's why it's so important to list your make & model in your signature so those with like model rvs are able to help.
As for having both fan & ac, on rvs that all acs are ducted, such as your DRV, they can put the ac unit anywhere on the roof they choose, on smaller units it's either ac or vent.
Yes we all have the same parent company, Thor. But the forum list many sub forums to keep different lines separate. I would guess this is done to organize the forum so we all would not have to look through thousands of threads and posts on one forum.

When I reply to a post, I never look at there signature. I just look in the section that I want to read about (DRV). So everything in that section should be about DRV's.

I have tried to post a screen shot, but it will not let me. This is a link of what I see when I look at the forum.
Thor Forums - Powered by vBulletin