Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2015, 04:52 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Angry Insurance company's

I have had Progressive for sever years now and issues are starting to appear.

I did there snap shot program.
2015 ram, has under 3000 miles on it and only tow the 5ver with it. I earned a 16% discount the first month. Then they claim I had 96 hard brakes after that. And all of these with the 5ver in tow.

2015 Mazda 3 got a 3% discount. It is a newer car then the Ram and has more mileage. I drive them both, so go figure.
Maybe using my exhaust brake racked up all of those hard stops.

Now I get an email stating that they kicked me out of the paperless option as emails have been bouncing back. lol. I got this in an email so it seems to be working to me. Being a full timer I informed them that it might take 2 months for me to get anytype of mail. And if they have an issue, maybe they should pick up the phone and call my cell that they have on file. They said that they do not do that. That I would have to have an agent for that to happen.

So my question is who are you guys using for insurance? Why did you pick them?

Thanks for listening to my rant and I will be shopping around the next day or two.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:49 PM   #2

Brand: Crossroads
State: Ohio
THOR #424
State Farm for everything I own including myself. They seem to have a very competitive rate that does not go up after a lure me in period. Every time I have had a claim it was paid quickly and one time when I thought a claims agent was low balling a settlement I talked to their corporate office and they gave me more then I was requesting and they were apologetic about the whole issue.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
96 hard brakes?
I have USAA and Progressive and couldn't be happier with rates and service. Super great people to work with.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:58 AM   #4

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
96 hard brakes?
I have USAA and Progressive and couldn't be happier with rates and service. Super great people to work with.
This is what they stated that the snap shot wirelessly reported to them. I say BS. You know when you do one as it beeps at you.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #5

THOR #2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
This is what they stated that the snap shot wirelessly reported to them. I say BS. You know when you do one as it beeps at you.
Never heard of such a thing. What is "snap shot", and how does it report?
Old 08-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #6

THOR #2581
Never mind, just googled it. No way in hell I'd put a device like that on my rig here in Phoenix. There would be 96 hard brakes in one trip downtown and if your not at least 10 over on the speed limits your going to get your butt ran over.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #7

Model: 36 RSSB3
THOR #2152
National Interstate or Blue Sky
Old 08-09-2015, 04:17 AM   #8

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan View Post
National Interstate or Blue Sky
Thanks, I had interstate on my list and forgot about Blue Sky.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #9

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
I have had Farmers for many years. Actually since I was 19. I have the 15 RAM, 16 MS, 98 RAM and 99 Tahoe all fully insured with 500K coverage at $1,000 every 6mo. Also a 1 million Umbrella at $150 per year.

And NO little plug in!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #10

State: Florida
THOR #2100
Try Millers out of Oregon. They use Allied, a division of Nationwide & understand full timing. Great pricing as well!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #11

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
I have State Farm also. One question to ask is if content is insured. In my case it is covered under home owners. I do know one thing about insurance and it is how they respond on claims. Nov. 17, 2013 we lost house, 2 cars, boat, all contents of home due to a tornado. We could not be happier the way State Farm took care of everything from rebuilding the house, content (it is amazing how much stuff you have), cars, boat, living expenses for year and half etc. Everyone check your insurance make sure you are covered.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #12

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
P.S. I have no affiliation with any insurance company.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #13

Model: Challenger 35HT
State: Maryland
THOR #1875
I had State Farm for probably 30 years. The last ten years it seamed like every year the rates were going up and I have a clean driving record. So, I dumped them and went over to Geico and couldn't be happier. Claim service is great and my rate is constantly going up.
2015 Thor Challenger 35HT
jrben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #14

THOR #1249
I had State Farm for a lot of years until moving to FL. Rates went way up, so went with FL Farm Bureau for home and car. Nationwide for camper.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
I have State Farm also. One question to ask is if content is insured. In my case it is covered under home owners. I do know one thing about insurance and it is how they respond on claims. Nov. 17, 2013 we lost house, 2 cars, boat, all contents of home due to a tornado. We could not be happier the way State Farm took care of everything from rebuilding the house, content (it is amazing how much stuff you have), cars, boat, living expenses for year and half etc. Everyone check your insurance make sure you are covered.
Oh my gosh!! So sorry for your losses! I can't imagine going through something like that! Folks always say they are grateful to be alive and that they only lost "things" but I'm sure it must still be a blow that can knock you for a loop for awhile. Just glad you survived and that you have picked up the pieces and moved forward!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #16

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
WOW. Just glad that you and your family are OK. As things can be replaced.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #17

THOR #1249
Yes, glad you losses were stuff only and no one harmed. State Farm is a great company and always responded promptly to what few small claims we had over the years. The rates more than doubled mostly due to our previous home location vs our present location.